What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Look what I found on Weeding Day!

I found these beauties in my tanks today while weeding...under the weeds, mostly
smile.gif

bical "green flush" (will turn into "red flush" at a later stage)
NepenthesbicalcarataRedFlush060121.jpg

distillatoria 'purple'
Nepenthesdistillatoriapurple060121.jpg

tobaica x rafflesiana (what a weird, weird plant!)
Nepenthestobaicaxrafflesiana060121.jpg

and last, but not least, the ever-popular Nepenthes donthavethefoggiestiana
NepenthesNOID2-060121.jpg

Nice plants. Like you said, that N. tobaica x rafflesiana really is a weird one; weird but cool. Don't you just love the little surprises that one can find during a menial task such as weeding.

Ooooo, I love N. bicalcarata! I'm trying to grow my first one right now, but it suffered quite a bit of shock from shipping and refuses to grow at this point.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LLeopardGGecko @ Jan. 21 2006,12:55)]Ooooo, I love N. bicalcarata! I'm trying to grow my first one right now, but it suffered quite a bit of shock from shipping and refuses to grow at this point.
I have had trouble acclimating bicals to my greenhouse as well...seems very temperamental.

Yes, I was just weeding my outdoor collection and found a very happy Cephalotus among overgrown D. capensis!

My experience is that bicals can never have too much heat or moisture. I also have two large ones, and when the Taiwanese summer is in full swing, they REALLY take off scary-like....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hans Breuer @ Jan. 21 2006,7:30)]My experience is that bicals can never have too much heat or moisture.
Ditto that; the 1st summer I had the greenhouse the temps got up to 118! I was sure I lost everything but my bicals and amps LOVED it and became very huge.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ludwig777 @ Jan. 21 2006,8:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hans Breuer @ Jan. 21 2006,7:30)]My experience is that bicals can never have too much heat or moisture.
Ditto that; the 1st summer I had the greenhouse the temps got up to 118!  I was sure I lost everything but my bicals and amps LOVED it and became very huge.
I'll have to remember this. I'm thinking I may end up having to move my plant into its own terrarium where I keep temps and humidity at the max levels.

Back