Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ever topped off a rajah?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah yes now I see! I was expecting to see a huge plant with a flower spike, not just the flower (plus I can't read the text to let on what I'm looking at).

Any idea about the size of the flowering plant - how large is each leaf now? Is the plant climbing? If so, it must increase it's growth rate at some point rather than one every 2 months or so. Even if it's climbing those nodes still look very compact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, here's a shot of my highland tank aftre doing all the cuttings, it looks like so much room afterwards! The rajah is the dominant plant in there currently.

off topic but oh well I though you might like to see anyway,
    This is one of my tiniest highland orchids,

I think it's either a Restrepia (or some form of Pleurothallis). These flowers are about 1/16th of an inch and the leaves an inch at the oldest/largest. Sometimes it's covered with these little blooms.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Swords, what size pot is your rajah in? I'm just trying to get a grasp on the size of your plant.

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Swords! Good to see pics of your tanks again! I was wondering the other day if you still had them. I kinda missed those "jungle" shots of all your plants.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The jungle looks great for a while but when the vines become "woody" halfway down and leaves brown and shriveled it's a lot less cool than it was! I got to the point I couldn't stand looking at my tanks anymore. About year is about all I can let my charges go before needing to prune to keep things somewhat orderly. I had lazily let them go for about 2 years without pruning, maintenence or moving them and that's too long. I couldn't actually take plants out to prune them, On many of them I just had to reach in and start cutting and follow the vines down to the pots. Here's a tip for all you potential jungle owners, use a colored twist tie while doing the above procedure to keep track of what plants you're working on - Especially with those plants with generic leaf shapes! A few sad losses were discovered as some tiny TC plantlets simply got lost in the jungle , got no proper air circulation and succumbed to fungus without my ever noticing untilI did my maintence and found them shriveled and blackened. I'm ashamed to say which ones...

The rajah is in a 12" square net pot. I need to line up a helper to repot it I don't want another "My six foot diameter bical is dead from repotting!" incident by trying to do it myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've taken cuttings from sizeable N. rajahs before. They are not too difficult to root, assuming that appropriate conditions are provided. However, I would wait until a well-established basal is present....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123