Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I was bored

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off, I apologise for the sloppy quality of the pics.

Nepenthes rajah. Whoever said it was a fussy, slow grower? I received this plant in September as a 5" "monster". Much credit goes to Simon Lumb who sent me such a healthy plant from Borneo Exotics.
    After a month of growth I knew it wasn't the possibility of the plant keeling over that worried me, but its habit and vigour:

A proud beast it is. It's the first time I've wanted a plant to take it easy and slow down.

Small, but perfectly coloured:

Cheers
    Amori

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet pics! You must have a great highland setup with plenty of light. Those plants look fantastic.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is some really great growth you are getting with your N. rajah. The aristo looks cute. It's like a little pinto bean with a lid.

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]It's like a little pinto bean with a lid.
    I must diagree whole heartedly! They do NOT explode when you hit them from behind! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great looking plants! You are obviously giving those highlanders what they need to flourish. Thanks for sharing.
    KPG
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" - Mark Twain

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something." - Pancho Villa, last words.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (killerplantsguy @ Jan. 27 2006,10:01)]You are obviously giving those highlanders what they need to flourish.
    just wondering if that was the only pitcher that your rajah has when you got it or has the next leaf after that pitcherd as well. what about the other newer leaves? have they pitcherd, inflating, or aborted? i know that rajah, although doesnt pitcher still has good growth...
    \"Nepenthes, the Devil's Cup\" - Santos
    Updated 5/27/06 Grow/Want List
    Updated 4/4/06 My Nepenthes Photo Album
    Feel free to call me @: (562)528-6223 - seriously!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice plants with good colour, esp. the aristo. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Regarding light, I'm of the 'too much is better than not enough' school of thought myself too......
    Cheers,
    T.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (fc3srx713b @ Jan. 27 2006,6:08)]just wondering if that was the only pitcher that your rajah has when you got it or has the next leaf after that pitcherd as well. what about the other newer leaves? have they pitcherd, inflating, or aborted? i know that rajah, although doesnt pitcher still has good growth...
    To answer your question, all the original pitchers (2) are already long gone: they expired about 2 weeks after feeding...
    ...I counted the number of leaves it has made since its arrival: the newest open leaf being the 5th. So that's 5 new leaves, the currently unfurling one being the 6th, since September. Also, every leaf has produced a pitcher, each one getting bigger than the predecessor. Currently it has 3 fully functional pitchers. I've never had trouble growing this species, and have even received a minor beating in the listserv when I expressed this way back when I was still a wee Nep grower.

Cheers,and thanks for the kind words
    Amori

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast