Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: New Nep greenhouse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    where did you get the polycarbonate? i cant seem to find any (surprising mom with her own greenhouse although ill probably use it more )
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Neps, Neps, Neps.........
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Home Depot...be ready to go broke bying it though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tjust goes to show what you can do with a bit of imagination. You don't need a pre-fab greenhouse, it's amazing the materials that you can use. I made mine from browsing the hardware store (such a hard thing to do ... ) and finding suitable materials. It can be done quite cheaply. And you can do it to fit almost any space.
    Demystifying Nepenthes: http://www.nepenthesforeveryone.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The stuff HomeDepot/Lowes carries is single thickness and looks like a wavy sheet. If you want the twin wall 8mm stuff that looks like corrugated cardboard you will have to go to a greenhouse supply place. Polycarbonate is big big bucks.
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be useful if somebody could sticky a topic about one of these things...or at least about setting it up. Kinda like the 'how-to-make-a-grow-shelf' one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't use twin wall because I didn't think my weather conditions here in San Diego really required it. Our winter lows are perfect for highlanders; our biggest challenge is keeping the greenhouse cooled in summertime.

I also chose Home Depot's line of corrugated, single-thickness poly because of how easy they make it to install: all fittings and flashings are provided (like vertical and horizontal seals). But I don't think I chose the cheapest route however, probably just the easiest. The materials I used have a lifetime guarantee against discoloring from the sun, though, so this makes it easier to justify.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Jason Wong @ Mar. 24 2006,1:09)]It would be useful if somebody could sticky a topic about one of these things...or at least about setting it up. Kinda like the 'how-to-make-a-grow-shelf' one.
    Mr. Wong, here is the home page of the materials I used; they have some very inspiring pictures of design ideas throughout their website. If you need any advice from me, please ask.

polycarbonate panels

how to install (detailed diagrams)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Jason Wong @ Mar. 24 2006,1:09)]It would be useful if somebody could sticky a topic about one of these things...or at least about setting it up. Kinda like the 'how-to-make-a-grow-shelf' one.
    This gave me an idea: as soon as I finish installing my large fogger I will post a detailed pictoral of building a greenhouse specifically designed for Nepenthes.....

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast