What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bongso keeps etting better...............

yesterday
IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

today
IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

amp basal rossettes
IMG_0124.jpg

Thats lovely! My N. bongso pitchers but they are small...immature polymorphic pitchers almost...nothing like yours.

BEAUTIFUL!!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

hey i think we may have the same one from M.T. right?! i notice it in the leaves, slight peltate of the tendril, and leave attachment. the one on mine has a slightly thinner tendril than yours but not too far off.

nbongsohighland36im.jpg

Nice! I can't wait until mine looks like yours. I have the one that is formerly known as N. cancarulata var. robusta.

Brian

i got it from Tony, but the tag that came with it has a M.T.

Cool then we do! i really didnt wanna ask you up front about where you got it from. well at least i know what it will look like in a few weeks...

how long have you had yours? ive had mine since Oct. 2004

i think the same month but 2005.
could you take or do you have a pic of the entire plant?

Sheridan your plants look wonderful. I almost bought one of those recently......

f380553c.jpg

4ca9ba0f.jpg

4613d7cd.jpg

dae77088.jpg

aristo
33a2c485.jpg

veichii x eymae
18608f81.jpg

amp basals from above
9fba4e8d.jpg

c'mon now i just said if you had pics of the bongso only
smile_l_32.gif

nice pics though
smile_n_32.gif

then you must fertilize the bongso right?

actually in the whole time ive had it, its been sprayed exactly twice with quite dilluted orchid fertilizer.

hehehe, the other photos were because i didnt feel like starting a new topic cause none of the photos are terribly special

Quote: what happened? why didnt you?

mad.gif

LOL! man can i compare with you ludwig!

well heres the pitchers that it had when i got it. they lasted about a week or so then dried up. they were almost all black. notice that this one has thin tendril compared to the one i posted on the first page,

849N_Bongso_1_1_.jpg

849N_Bongso_2_1_.jpg

so you fertilize twice a month to the roots?

the funny thing is that amp is happily growing alongside the bongso, aristo, highland veichii, jac. x izumae, hamata ect.....

ludwig, i had done that with my rifle account. luckly my wife trusts me and when i ran across a 50's vintage Savage 99 for $250 she didnt question me when i reached for the checkbook, its worth over twice what i payed for atleast and they are going up in value every year
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]so you fertilize twice a month to the roots?

no, i dont fertilize. in the 15 months since i got it from Tony it has been fertilized only twice total, both times were because i had some extra after fertilizing orchids, i deluted the extra and sprayed my neps.

oh ok. ive been on that routine to fertilize bi weekly, each payday is when i fertilize the plant with 30-10-10 orchid fertilizer, well all the plants. do you think thats where that increace in girth of the tendril came from? the stem closer to the roots in thin as well. it seems the fertilizer is making the stem grow thicker as well...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Feb. 07 2006,7:16)]ludwig, i had done that with my rifle account. luckly my wife trusts me and when i ran across a 50's vintage Savage 99 for $250 she didnt question me when i reached for the checkbook, its worth over twice what i payed for atleast and they are going up in value every year  
biggrin.gif
Ha! When it comes to Nepenthes everything else gets put on hold!!!
smile_l_32.gif

Back