Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: N.Bical

Neps, Neps, Neps.........
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (CaRnIvORoUs_FrEaK @ Feb. 09 2006,5:40)]The temps are about 71F and the humidity is about 90%.

about 90-95 during summer and 70% humidity during the day. At nite the temps and humidity will be about 80F and 80%. Will it thrive?
    This sounds ideal except for the part about 71F during the day. This is probably not the best temp range. Bicals respond better to very hot conditions at all times......Don't worry about the size of your plant; after 6 months of growth you'll wish it would just stop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After about 9 months of growth, a 10' plant looked like this in 100+F weather:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So do u recommend a different terrarium for it or what? Maybe I could put a heat infered bulb next it to keep the temp up and turn it off at nite?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my experience bicals are difficult to acclimate, but once they show strong growth they are more forgiving but still need those warm nights or they will eventually decline and die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bicals will get their fangs pretty soon...id say maby three or four more leaves [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] good luck. and i sent you that pm and you should read it. on the PM i forgot to mention the bulb size for the in side lamp is 50W
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I got the temp up to 83 and the humidity is about 75-80%. Is this good for a ventrata, ventricosa, a coccinea, a raffesliana, and a bical?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds good for all except cocciena which i do not know how to grow i suspect it would be like the vens adapting to just about any conditions you through at it
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone think anything else?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast