I'm kinda hesitate to do this because I never tried hacking a nep before [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] . I'm only doing this because the plant keeps tiping over since it's heavy.
1.Too early to do cuttings?
2.I want to try air layering, does the stem have to be a certain diameter.
3. The plant just started producing uppers, will the cuttings produce uppers also because I hope so.
4. I know it's customary to cut off the bottom leaf and trim the top leaf and make vertical slits on the bottom of the stem, but what if the leafs have full grown pitchers, even if they are dead or dying. Can I still use the pitchers and add water?
5. Is two nodes per cutting enough?
6. Will the remainder of the plant grow back? I'm not talking about the cuttings or the basal shoot that the nep has, but the part of the nep that is still attached to the plant:P
7. Will this affect my basal shoot, make it grow faster, cause it's growing fast even with the main nep still growing.
8. Does the nep have to be vining or can it be done with rosette neps too?
9. Do the internodes need to be a certain length?
and the nep I'm talking about is N. x edinensis