What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. insignis  BE-clone

Hi all,
had this insignis for a while now, but never really read any literature on it. one of my favourite plants, it was bought from BE last year. Can anyone help me identify the form? I know Wistuba shows 2 distict forms : Biak and Tayeve.
www.wistuba.com
Can the leaves help to ID them too?
are there any things worth taking note of in cultivating this species?

Also hope you enjoyed the pics!
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b209/Lam_wn/fd26d0f1.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b209/Lam_wn/f9350654.jpg
Thanks

I cannot be of help in this case,sorry...let's see the others.
Bye!
Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

Hi, while working at BE I remeber that Rob was referring to his clone as the one "from the inland", and if I'm not wrong that should be the biak form, the smaller one.
Marcello

Wow very colorful! I am supposed to have Wistuba's Tayeve form of N. insignis and it's pure bright green and very uninspiring to me. I grow mine in hot lowland conditions under bright lighting. Seems to grow painfully slow from the 4 cm size for a lowlander. Perhaps dimmer light will produce larger growth...

I grow the BE clone of insignis, it is much smaller than the Wistuba clone. It is a fairly tolerant lowlander, it likes high humidity but it tolerates lower temperatures better than species like bical and ampullaria, so I suspect it would do OK in an intermediate environment.

It is very gracile and would also be good for terrarium cultivation. It is not, however, a very spectacular species but is worthwhile if your one of these people who collect regardless of looks but on variety.

We were told it's from Biak but quite a lot of the data on our licensed cultures turned out to be inaccurate.  However, in this case I think the size indicates Biak.

Hi,
thanks all for confirmation. Personally, I think its a beautiful plant and easy and fast also. My standards are low.
Since the lowers lack fringe wings, how would I differentiate from uppers? Will they be cone/infundibular like some pics I saw at Wistuba... (although thats Tayeve form)
And does this plant (overall stature) get large?
Thanks again,

Back