User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How confident are you guys at rooting a basal...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah im gonna do as you say. thanks for posting this advice! will post the progress.
    \"Nepenthes, the Devil's Cup\" - Santos
    Updated 5/27/06 Grow/Want List
    Updated 4/4/06 My Nepenthes Photo Album
    Feel free to call me @: (562)528-6223 - seriously!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pot them snugly and leave them in one spot as best you can - wobbly cuttings won't have a great root system. To ensure a tight soil/plant contact wrap the stem in a wad of pure LFS instead of just stabng it into the soil. Place tightly into a smaller size pot than you would like to plant to grow in. I do all my starts in 1" and 2" jiffy seedling cells cos they're cheap, small and can be placed almost anywhere you have a spare square inch or two. Leave them for 4-6 months and they should have a solid block of root bound moss this cube can easily be popped out and planted in your prefered soil mix.

FYI: my mix is now crushed/shredded LFS, Medium grade orchid bark (allows better drainage than the Fine grade stuff I used to use which compacts overtime) and the larger charcoal chunks in the bags sold by Fertiloam and not Shultz or Scotts (too small). This gives me a good chunky moisture retaining mix. For highlanders add more bark or charcoal this allows it to dry out slightly faster which is good for the highlanders so they can be flushed more often without fear of stagnant pots.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the help. I'll post once the fellow roots. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Cindy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12