What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cool N. bicalcarata pic

(Click the photo for full-size)

The nectar is dripping down, making it look like a cobra poised to strike, venom dripping down its fangs...

On Edit: Whoops, can a mod please move to the Nepenthes forum?

I love it! My two N. bicalcaratas are getting ready to put out their first pitchers. Hopefully mine will look that good someday.

Moved!

AWESOME! What conditons is it in, where are u growing it, and how old is it? Im looking desperatly looking for a nice small greenhouse disign and if possible plz pm me one. I cant seem to find a design small and simple enuf on the internet. THANKS!

I love it when my N. bical does that! Guests always freak out!
laugh.gif

Keep it warm (80-90*f days and 70+*F nights) in bright lighting (mine grow under 400w Metal halide lighting) with plenty of water flushes through the soil and it'll do this all the time and grow like gangbusters!

Niiice! Feelin' lucky, punk?
smile_n_32.gif

Is an infered light alrite to raise the temp? Im using one and the pitchers hav been drying out a little. I dont know if its just coincedence since its only 1 or 2 plants or the infered lite is killing them. Wat do u think?

CF try to use a ceramic heater. at only 5-10$ you can heat a terrarium 10-15 degrees warmer.
smile.gif

Ok Ill do that but is an infered safe for a cf? Also, where do u get a ceramic heater?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CaRnIvORoUs_FrEaK @ Feb. 15 2006,3:27)]AWESOME! What conditons is it in, where are u growing it, and how old is it? Im looking desperatly looking for a nice small greenhouse disign and if possible plz pm me one. I cant seem to find a design small and simple enuf on the internet. THANKS!
It's in a 5"x5" sqare pot, pure LFS, growing in my grow chamber under fluorescent lights. 70+% humidity, 70-90 deg F

nice!!! Ur sooooo lucky my plant doesnt even come in comparecence. (I think thats how u spell it...) Mine was a 4" plant that hardly had a pitcher on it. Also, are infered lites ok for nepenthes? Im using one over it's head to raise temps. Thats how I got the temps into the mid-80's. Thanks!

Back