User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I've had it with hanging baskets!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim,

While I do not use planter boxes for my Neps I have used/am using them for many other plants. I have a 45cm one with Sarr seedlings in it and I used to have a 120cm one that was my "microbog" filled with VFTs, filiformis clones and a few small S. rosea. Of course those ended up in the real bog so now I need to find something to do with the 120 planter... maybe use it for my U. alpina since it seems willing to grow to obscene proportions...
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    U. alpina.... my Achilles heel! I have conquered Darlingtonia and D. adelae flowering and a few other things, but can't get the hang of the alpina.

What I like about these planters is that they can sit at a window and they have that drainage collector bottom piece so that the Neps don't actually sit in water, like an open tray set up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW, during the winter months I grow 90% of me Neps in windowsills on the tray system. I top water when the media looks liek it needs it, let the water drain out into the tray and just leave it there. I do tend to use large pots (15cm plants in minimum 15cm pots) so that might make a small difference.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's comforting. I will not miss cleaning up soil media from the floor and trying to salvage plants and cuttings!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12