User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Fast Has Your Campanulata flowered??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't tell how young the plant was but it was 4 inches across the whole plant when it flowered. The flower buds did not open so I couldn't tell what gender it was. Almost all the leaves turned brown and I attempted to take a cutting but failed. The plant remained in that bad state for about 5 months.
    Cindy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man SWORDS!
    You are telling me also something that I had already noticed with Nepenthes...I had a friend who treated his Nepenthes ventrata very bad forgetting about her to give water and letting her lie on the floor to weather conditions...one time the ventrata was pratically for 2 days under the water! Man....a mass.... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]
    But this nepenthes before dying has developed a flower! Also this to other friends of mine...
    In effectly my friend not caring about his nepenthes has naturally encouraged flowering!
    I think that even in the Borneo and Malesia where Nepenthes live...they have some little changes of weather and light...even minimal and this encourages flowering!
    This also could explaine why Nepenthes are so sensitive to be moved around in the house!
    I am sure! yeah! Great Swords!

Mr_Aga
    Milan - ITALY
    Mr_Aga
    http://www.piantecarnivore.org

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I got a specimen (in September 2003) which was just over 2 inches in diameter, and it flowered one year later when it was 4 inches across. I have no idea how old the plant was when I got it.

Regards,

Christer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mr Aga: how has your pollination been going? any signs of fertilization yet?
    christerb:do you still have yours? did it deteriorate like cindy's did?
    alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glider14,
    Wrong topi here,ehhehe!
    We are talking about Nep. Campanulata in Spike.
    Anyway...I will not know if the seeds are fertile UNTIL I will not put them on wet sphagnum!
    Maybe it could be sterile.I hope not...let's need the time to discover is Nep. ventrata female is sterile.
    Mr_Aga
    Milan - ITALY
    Mr_Aga

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alex,

It is still alive, and flowered again late last year. Maybe it produced fewer pitchers while it was flowering, but nothing serious as it bounced back after that. First time I had no pollen available, and the second time I got sent some but it didn't take, maybe next time.

Regards,

Christer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

My Nepenthes villosa that was untill end of November 2005 outside while snowing....but that now is in terrarium...did develope something similar...could it have some connections with the campanulata spike flower?
    It is just a malformation or a failed retry to develope a flower spike even the plant is very young? (maybe because some months ago it changed drastically weather conditions?
    The plant itself is growing very well as you can check from pitchers and new leafes!
    Second photo is a zoomed particular taken the same day.
    Thanks

Mr_Aga
    Milan - ITALY
    Mr_Aga

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12