What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black rot!

After receiving ephippiata a few weeks ago, I had a catastrophe with my grow chamber. Many plants dried out, including ephippiata. All of them have recovered, except ephippiata and it looks like humidity wasn't the problem. The leaves are dying from the tip and from the stem. Even after they've been cut off, black continues to spread. The black has also come up from the base, climbing the stem. I'm almost sure that it's black rot. The plant is going to die I'm sure because there are no more leaves that aren't dying.

Should I remove the growing tip and attempt a very small cutting? I'm going to save the plant in a separate tank in case it sprouts up later. Does anyone know of a good way to get rid of black rot so the whole plant doesn't go?

-D. Lybrand

yet attempt it. if its comming from the base then its root rot but if you say its coming from the top as well there is little hope i would take a cutting from the mid section...if the inside is black or turning black then there is no hope
alex

You could try a fungicide like Physan-20, but if it is as bad as it sounds, it is probably too late. Also let the soil dry out a little.

Alright then. Ephippiata goes under the knife tonight! It looks like the leaves had fungicide or other burns on them, so maybe the grower knew about this before selling it to me!
mad.gif
I hope not.

-D. Lybrand

how big is it. if its some 10-12 inches i know who it is

Indeed it was.
smile_h_32.gif
Did he/she know it was infected?

-D. Lybrand

Back