What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I really like hybrids with Nepenthes spectabilis in their background.  Below are three that I tried to photograph today.  I apologize for the image quality; I find my little point-and-shoot hard to use in the greenhouse.  (What's the one about "a poor workman blames his tools"?)

N. ventricosa 'squat' x (spectabilis x northiana)
1c37b075.jpg

N. fusca x spectabilis
7965203b.jpg

N. spectabilis x veitchii H/L
c53f8d8c.jpg

Good growing,
KPG

I love those 3. I already have the spectabilis x veitchii, (Thanks Tony). I'm getting the vent x (spect x north) tomorrow, (hopefully) - is that an upper or intermediate pitcher? And the other one is on my list. Thanks for the pics. Interesting variety.

Yeah, those are all great! I have that last one too (thanks Tony, lol!) and it makes the biggest striped peristome in the business!

Capslock

Steve,
That's an early intermediate pitcher.  EP posted a photo of an upper pitcher some time ago - outstanding!!

Capslock,
I have to thank Tony for mine, too.
smile_m_32.gif

I have a spec x spath or a spec x vent....can't remember off the top of my head...Pretty sure it's the spec x spath....anyway, it's remarkably cool. You're certainly right about those spec hybrids.

Hi all:

spathulata X spectabilis has a beautiful peristome comparable to that of spectabilis X veitchii.

I'd like to see Lowii X spectabilis or spectabilis X aristolochioides cross made someday .

Gus

[b said:
Quote[/b] (agustinfranco @ Mar. 01 2006,1:56)]I'd like to see....spectabilis X aristolochioides cross made someday .
Been there...done that.

Well, how'd it turn out then?

Capslock (If someone makes a hybrid and nobody sees it, does it really exist?)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Mar. 01 2006,12:34)]Well, how'd it turn out then?
Too early to tell. They're just babies. But I've seen Exotica's specimens and they're fantastic.
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Mar. 01 2006,12:34)]Capslock (If someone makes a hybrid and nobody sees it, does it really exist?)
It does as far as I'm concerned. Some of us are not into posting pics of our plants.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (philcula @ Mar. 01 2006,8:32)]Some of us are not into posting pics of our plants.
Yes, that's regrettable - for us anyway. I'd love to see your plants sometime, as would a lot of people here. I understand your reasoning, though, even if I don't subscribe to that particular policy.

Capslock

Hi Philcula:

It's a shame that you don't like to post photos of your plants.
I respect your reasons, but IMO, if you are courageous enough to write to us about them, I think you should be courageous enough to show these to us.

Gus

wowee! i want a spectabilis or any of the hybrids at that

[b said:
Quote[/b] (philcula @ Mar. 01 2006,2:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Mar. 01 2006,12:34)]Well, how'd it turn out then?
Too early to tell. They're just babies. But I've seen Exotica's specimens and they're fantastic.
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Mar. 01 2006,12:34)]Capslock (If someone makes a hybrid and nobody sees it, does it really exist?)
It does as far as I'm concerned. Some of us are not into posting pics of our plants.
What do you have against showing us your plants?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (agustinfranco @ Mar. 01 2006,5:45)]Hi Philcula:

It's a shame that you don't like to post photos of your plants.
I respect your reasons, but IMO, if you are courageous enough to write to us about them, I think you should be courageous enough to show these to us.

Gus
It doesn't take courage to write about a subject one is familiar with; it require confidence. Yes, I'm sure many people would like to see my plants. Unfortunately they'll have to live vicariously through the few folkis on this forum who have seen them in person.

Phil

Whats the difference between posting photos and letting people see them in real life?

time will come i can wait till hes ready... in the mean time ill enjoy my plants...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes gracilis @ Mar. 01 2006,8:57)]Whats the difference between posting photos and letting people see them in real life?
NG- Very few people have seen my plants. I have a very small circle of cp friends that are ever invited to see the collection. I'm an extremely private individual and no longer give tours.

What do I have against posting pics of my plants? Many things. But this is not the place to discuss it. There are plenty of other people out there who like to show their plants and that's good.  

I, like Santos, like to enjoy my plants...only on a solo basis or with my closest friends. Enough of my plants have been put in circulation to satisfy my need for pics of them.

That's all, that's just me.

Everyone has their own reasons for why they do what they do. And, it's their own business. Phil, I do not agree with you on your non-share of photos, but I DO understand. I guess we all feel left out, and many of us would be grateful, and feel like we were in CP heaven, to see that marvelous collection. Keep on keeping on!

Back