What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. tobaica.

<span style='color:teal'>I have a new tobaica. I am interrested in see pictures of other CP'ers tobaica plants and hear about your experience cultivating this species. Has it been easy for you? Does it grow to a large size? Can i be sure that what i have is a tobaica and not an alata? i have heard some discutions on alata plants being sold as tobaica.

Here is mine:
NTOBAICA.jpg

Cheers,
JJ...
Emilia's Garden</span>

I also have a N.tobaica, I don't have a camera, so I can't take pics sorry
smile_h_32.gif
. Mine grows in a hanging basket with peat/perlite and topdressed with lfs. It grows medium, not too fast and not too slow. It's been very easy for me ever since I got it, so far only two pitchers have abandoned and died, but other than that, no big deal and it's high up, so no rats unless there's a new hybrid of flying rats, oh wait....I think those are called pigeons
smile_n_32.gif
. Hmm, I can't quite tell from your pic, but is your pitcher kinda reddish with a lime green peristome with dots in the upper half of the interior if it is, that's how my pitchers look like also. Oh yea, my plant has good pitcher to leaf ratio, for me all of mine pitchers have been either the same size as the leaf or a bit bigger.

It looks like one-where did you get it? If it's a garden center plant, it's probably the phony hybrid. But yours looks like photos I have seen.

Cheers,

Joe

<span style='color:teal'>Well, acording to the description that you give, PiranhaPlant, we have the same plant  
smile_m_32.gif

Joe, i bought my plant from a well known Nepenthes grower, i will not say the name in order to avoid editing from any moderator, but though this seller has a good reputation, i do not sem to catch his attention in order toanswer the origins of his plants. I guess he is too busy  
smile_h_32.gif
</span>

Back