Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nepenthes macfarlane in nature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All,

This is my first time posting in this forum and would like to share these few photos while taking a trip to West Malaysia. Home of some nice Nepenthes sp. Enjoy!

Happy growing!
    Nepsy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome! Amazingly easy to spot, compared to some local pictures I have seen.

Thanks,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful work, "Nepsy". Photos of plants in situ are fascinating and informative. Thank you for posting, KPG
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" - Mark Twain

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something." - Pancho Villa, last words.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing these photos! It's always interesting to note growth habits in the wild and see what other flora exist around the plant and potential interactions. Very cool. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like some great photography to me! Those specimens are very vibrant, too!
    Wouldn't mind adding one to my collection. Well, except that they'd be poached.

-D. Lybrand
    Check my growlist! Nothing currently available for trade...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Magnificent pictures and beautiful pitchers! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]

Do all N. macfarlanei turn into this vivid red? Or is this only a variety?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,
    thanks for the pics, just curious to know, which mountain did you climb? I have been to Gng Brinchang before but never saw the pitchers upclose...only dangling in trees several metres up...
    were you at genting area (I think Gng Ulu kali or something right?)
    thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all:

Simply breathtaking!. It brings me back to something I would like to ask to RbtJong and Nepsy since they are in touch with neps in nature.
    How many functional pitchers a plant has at any time under natural conditions?. It'd be fantastic to understand that because if we know that for example macfarlanei has only two functional pitchers in these photos, would that be an indication that the plant is under optimal growing conditions?.
    Of course, if you are going to find a plant half dead on the road because of the actions of a nasty bird or reptile or wild pig that should not count. Only plants that according to our criteria are in good health and producing pitchers. Flowering would be another indication of a plant's health, but not a exclusive one.

Gus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast