What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What critter do you feed the most to your neps?

Schloaty,

When you are spitting wood do you spit the grubs directly into the pitchers and do you chew them first?

smile_n_32.gif

i use store bought crickets usually. you can get them in different sizes for different sized plants, they're relatively cheap, and easy to aquire (just go to a pet store). i just bring them home, throw them in the freezer for a while, them feed them to my plants.
i also use dried blood worms. just dump a small amount into the pitcher and your set. these are also available at any petstore.
in the past i have tried blood meal, hard boiled egg whites, 2% milk, hard boiled egg whites, protien drinks, even ground up herbal suppliments (bee caps).
the crickets and blood worms are by far the easiest and best in my opinion.

tech...

Does firstborn male child constitute food?
smile_m_32.gif
When I had mine outside and dissected an old pitcher, I found predominantly yellow jackets in there.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]2. Termites: At least once a year, it rains and the next day all the winged termites come out and land in the pool. I skim them out, roll them into balls appropriately sized for the pitcher, and drop them in.
i would be careful...the chlorine might hurt the plants...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ Mar. 16 2006,6:19)]Lets just drop you in a Giant Tub of slow to break down enzymes, and see how you like it!
smile_l_32.gif
hmmmm this gives me an idea!
would it look something like this?
plantadesatanas6ue.jpg

hey joel, if you want me to take this off pm me or just post that i can use this pic....

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]When you are spitting wood do you spit the grubs directly into the pitchers and do you chew them first?
Depends on whether I had anything to eat before I started!

smile_n_32.gif

Back