Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: N. vogellii slow grower?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi
    I have been growing my N. vogellii since Oct 2004 and it has barely put on any growth.
    It was about 1-2 cm when I got it now its about 3cm! And yet I have seen quite a number of plants on this forum that are already quite big. I currently grow it in my closed off area of my Neps house alongside side N. rajah, villosa, burbidgeae, all of which are growing quite steadily. I guess it needs different conditions to spark it into growth. I have now moved it to the open part of my greenhouse where it will get more light, less humidity and where so far all the Neps I have growing there fusca,sibuyanensis, lowii etc are doing well. What are your thoughts on this?

cheers

bill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it is an easy grower for me. I'm growing in a tank exposed at east: morning 30C, afternoon, 25C, night 18C. Illumination isn't very high (2x20w tubes) and soil is peat and perlite 50:50. I'm sure it will thrive with lowii and sibuyanensis!

Hope it will help!
    Federico

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N. vogellii is an intermediet plant...and supposedly it can grow very fast under those types of conditions...
    alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find vogelii a sort of middling grower, it doesn't romp away but it isn't painfully slow either. I bought mine in July '04 when it was just over an inch across and here it is today in a four-inch diameter pot:

Cheers,
    T.

Neps, Neps, Neps.........
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (tonyc @ Mar. 26 2006,10:11)]I find vogelii a sort of middling grower, it doesn't romp away but it isn't painfully slow either. I bought mine in July '04 when it was just over an inch across and here it is today in a four-inch diameter pot:

Cheers,
    T.
    TonyC what conditions do you grow yours in? It looks great; I'd like to try one of those.
    Ludwig

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second what Ludwig just said. What a great looking plant

I'd also love to try one of these guys. I don't think I've ever seen them for sale though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BE has them BUT DAM ARE THEY EXPENSIVE!!!!! even if i had ideal perfect conditions i probly would not get it knowing the possibility that it would die. its like how you feel if you get somthing like a N. Jaq or N. platychilla. only if some one else would buy it for me i MIGHT consider it.
    alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Under lights this species seems to grow pretty fast. In a green house i could understand it being slow due to the cold, seems normal to me. N. vogellii & N. platychila.

http://www.geocities.com/southerntropicals/myp08.JPG

http://www.geocities.com/southerntropicals/myP.JPG

http://www.geocities.com/southerntropicals/Myp1.JPG
    http://www.geocities.com/southerntropicals

As the sun shine's through the clouds above the table top mountains,nothing more can be seen then a beautiful landscape of glowing Heliamphora's