What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. vogellii slow grower?

Hi
I have been growing my N. vogellii since Oct 2004 and it has barely put on any growth.
confused.gif

It was about 1-2 cm when I got it now its about 3cm! And yet I have seen quite a number of plants on this forum that are already quite big. I currently grow it in my closed off area of my Neps house alongside side N. rajah, villosa, burbidgeae, all of which are growing quite steadily. I guess it needs different conditions to spark it into growth. I have now moved it to the open part of my greenhouse where it will get more light, less humidity and where so far all the Neps I have growing there fusca,sibuyanensis, lowii etc are doing well. What are your thoughts on this?

cheers

bill

I find it is an easy grower for me. I'm growing in a tank exposed at east: morning 30°C, afternoon, 25°C, night 18°C. Illumination isn't very high (2x20w tubes) and soil is peat and perlite 50:50. I'm sure it will thrive with lowii and sibuyanensis!

c7a635d9.jpg

Hope it will help!
Federico

N. vogellii is an intermediet plant...and supposedly it can grow very fast under those types of conditions...
alex

I find vogelii a sort of middling grower, it doesn't romp away but it isn't painfully slow either. I bought mine in July '04 when it was just over an inch across and here it is today in a four-inch diameter pot:

vogeliiSunday.jpg

Cheers,
T.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tonyc @ Mar. 26 2006,10:11)]I find vogelii a sort of middling grower, it doesn't romp away but it isn't painfully slow either. I bought mine in July '04 when it was just over an inch across and here it is today in a four-inch diameter pot:

vogeliiSunday.jpg

Cheers,
T.
TonyC what conditions do you grow yours in?  It looks great; I'd like to try one of those.
Ludwig

I second what Ludwig just said. What a great looking plant
smile.gif

I'd also love to try one of these guys. I don't think I've ever seen them for sale though...

BE has them BUT DAM ARE THEY EXPENSIVE!!!!! even if i had ideal perfect conditions i probly would not get it knowing the possibility that it would die. its like how you feel if you get somthing like a N. Jaq or N. platychilla. only if some one else would buy it for me i MIGHT consider it.
alex

Back