What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N.Predator

I'm trying to get one and I was wondering if they are easy or hard plants. They would have the same conditions as my N. Ventricosa 'Red' would. Any info would be good becuse I did a google search and all I got was info on the predators from the movie.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JMurphy97 @ April 02 2006,12:48)]...did a google search and all I got was info on the predators from the movie...
hahahaha! thats no good!
smile_h_32.gif

Info

photos

When you do a google search, don't put N. predator it has to be Nepenthes predator or whatever you are looking for/

That does not tell me a lot of info on. Does anyone have one? Is it easy to grow like everyone says the ventricosa is?

yep, very easy. treat it the same as your ventricosa and it will do fine

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rlhirst @ April 01 2006,9:33)]yep, very easy. treat it the same as your ventricosa and it will do fine
I second that. Chilly winters, hot subtropical summers, my predators loves it all.

Great. How I just need to find a place to get one. Any suggestions? You said chilly winters where to you grow it? Do you give it full sunlight in the summer?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JMurphy97 @ April 03 2006,5:56)]You said chilly winters where to you grow it? Do you give it full sunlight in the summer?
I'm sorry, I should have clarified where I live: a mountainous area in the subtropics of Northern Taiwan. The definition of "chilly winter" here is two months of day temps between 8 and 17 C, and night temps between 3 and 10 C. It's always very humid.

I never let them have full sun, they're under 60% shade cloth all year round.

I have no idea how moody this plat is as I have never grown it but both its parents are relatively easy, hamata isnt the easiest ever but as long as you keep a few requirements it should be happy, it likes humidity and almost every nep will enjoy cool nights into the 60s I use a pure LFS mixture for all my neps and I have jsut recently started fertilizing, seems to help the bigger plants more than the smaller ones

Back