What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deformed Pitcher

N. Ventricosa...

My Latest Ventricosa pitcher has had some deformalitys... The latest pitcher has kind of like a Scar it looks like on the bottom of it. I really didnt think this was mutch of a problem till i noticed that the Top of the trap (the lid) was far smaller than the Pitchers Mouth...

Hear are my growing conditions... Brightly lit window... Gets daily misting.... Next to my sanguinea. It also has 1 18'' light above it...about 6 inches away, Teperature stays around 70 degrees on average.

The pitcher has prematuraly opend... is this bad.. will it still absorb nutrience?

PICT0345.jpg

PICT0344.jpg

cheers

you wouldnt have just recently gotten this plant? some neps will throw out odd and deformed pitchers while adjusting to new conditions, especially if light and humidity are significantly different. my ventrata does something similar whenever i move it to a new spot for the sirst one or 2 pitchers after the move

Yes i just got it.. ive had it for about 2 months now... it must just now be getting into the swing of things sence its putting out new pitchers... thanks rattler

Thanks

The bud might have been damaged in a way you didn't notice too.

Its been confirmed that its shipping shock... Didnt know it could happen

Cheers

Its happy and Thriving now! But theirs still that scar on the other side.. See its even drooling!

hears a picture of it and all of its 2 inches of glory!

8ff52195.jpg

Cheers

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ May 07 2006,3:34)]...and all of its 2 inches of glory!...
LMAO!!!!!
glad to hear that it turned out well. my 12" ephippiata is doing the same thing....
smile_h_32.gif

Back