User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: FOTO feeding Nep. TRUNCATA with FISH !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dont even try it fc next time mr aga try a guppy(sorry jimscott) they are smaller and might not cause to much rot to that big of a pitcher
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Morbid but quite fascinating! Poor fishy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems pretty cruel and pointless to me. What was learned here that any intelligent person could not anticipate? What is the point? Why not have some respect for other living things?

As a scientist, I understand that it is sometimes necessary to take life in order to better understand it, for some systems (notably biological ones) are generally too complex to be simulated (at least as yet) and therefore can generally only be understood by hopefully well-designed experiments. However, the wanton waste of life merely to satisfy some obsession with gore among the nascently post-pubescent disgusts me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really see why feeding a plant a fish instead of an insect would be a bad thing. Both are living creatures and both would be going towards making the plant grow, so it isn't like either went to waste.

To each his own I suppose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he has a point neps... you should be saying that about bugs then shouldnt you?
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (neps @ April 04 2006,10:28)]...However, the wanton waste of life merely to satisfy some obsession with gore among the nascently post-pubescent disgusts me...
    >;-D
    \"Nepenthes, the Devil's Cup\" - Santos
    Updated 5/27/06 Grow/Want List
    Updated 4/4/06 My Nepenthes Photo Album
    Feel free to call me @: (562)528-6223 - seriously!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What neps says is not wrong,
    Curiosity and many questions have brought me to give to the truncata the fish and also a future mouse/ rat.
    Example...it was nice to observe that , even the liquid inside the pitcher, was with very low oxigen, the fish succeed to survive for nearly 30 hours.
    THis is the prove that liquid in the trap is drinkable and that indigens in the forests really have drank it when there was a period with no rain! Those are not leggends....this is true then!
    I am shanking often the pitcher in order to not let become black the lower part of it where the fish now lies down.
    1 week ago, I have done a truncata lowland cutting and since, I cut some leafes, I have tried to drink the liquid of a new developing pitchers. It tasted nice...
    This is me...
    See you

Mr_Aga
    Milan - ITALY

Mr_Aga
    http://www.piantecarnivore.org

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well mr.agar i can understand your anxiety and curiosity even not to let go of those tiny drop of juice from the tiny pitcher

Last month i have some visitors from another country and 3 of them shared the juice from a huge northiana::

Robert

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast