User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: FOTO feeding Nep. TRUNCATA with FISH !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well said JBOG!!! well said! was waiting for someone to say that! we need to get serious and think about the bigger things that are happening in this world!
    \"Nepenthes, the Devil's Cup\" - Santos
    Updated 5/27/06 Grow/Want List
    Updated 4/4/06 My Nepenthes Photo Album
    Feel free to call me @: (562)528-6223 - seriously!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TY FC.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you know, im not trying to bash anyone, after all its just a point of veiw right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Goldi @ April 04 2006,6:21)]What a cruel way of having fun... Just sad - now I know what posts I have to ignore when visiting this forum again. I'm also shocked about the enormous agreement of the community on this "experiment"...

And if u can't see a difference between an insect and a higher organised organism, your biological education surely won't be very high...
    Well I don't think there is a difference between an insect and a fish. They're both creatures that live on this planet and one isn't more important than the other.

No, it's not 'fun' to see a fish die and get absorbed by a plant. No more fun than seeing a bug getting enveloped by a sundew. If anything it's just incredibly interesting.

I stopped having 'fun' with CPs back when I was killing VFT after VFT (unintentionally of course!)

Plus you just have to know that we're all very nice and good people on this forum so don't let this thread scare you away!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Josh,
    How many snakes do you have and what are they? Just curious, as I have not seen many that will not switch to pre-killed thawed mice.
    We need Mike Howlett(Houstonherps) to chime in on this(Pyro and Rattler also have experience here), but the biggest reason I would not risk using live mice(unless absolutely no other option), is the snake's risk of getting bit by the mouse. That could cause a nasty infection. The wimpy answer is of course it's also more humane for the mouse to be euthanized by rodent companies than to get constricted, but to not allow the snake to get injured is the biggy there. I have a feeling that "mouse sympathy" is not going to win votes with the majority here.
    Of course, I only have a small Mexican black king at the moment and she eats fuzzies, so she would probably not get bit at this stage(but she eats thawed).

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    does the rats/mouse smell when thawed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really. Any damp furry thing is going to have a smell.The companies that package these put out a pretty clean product, actually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I can confirm that I asked to the shop keeper already if he had to sell me an ill fish that was already a little acting strange.
    I told him that it was for my carnivorous plant. Infact he knows me aleady because I buy from him the Inverse Osmose Water for my plants.
    I could ask him to sell me also with half price an old little white rat for my truncata. Anyway maybe I will use already frozen rats...I still don't know...it is still to early to tell how the plant will react and if truncata will take advantages of it.
    Today I tried to take some photos of the inside of the pitcher and all what I noticed was only the sagoma of the ex - fish. Notice also that the inner WALL of the lid has all turned black.
    The water is filled with many pieces of organic substances. I will continue to observe and letting you know.

Mr_Aga
    Milan - ITALY

Mr_Aga
    http://www.piantecarnivore.org

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast