What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes x 'Judith Finn'

I've just been thinking that N. x 'Judith Finn' hasn't been recognized as much as other neps since the only colorful part of the pitchers are usually just the peristome (though there is color in other parts, like the throat). So, I decided to make a thread with pics of people's plants. Here's a few pics of mine:

finn16web.jpg

finn17web.jpg

finn18web.jpg

So, let's see your plants!

-Ben

I'd post a pic of mine, but I think we all know what a dead pitcher looks like
smile_n_32.gif

I am waiting for the new pitchers to inflate. I'll post a pic when they do.

N. x 'Judith Finn' colors nicely under intense light.

image12bv.jpg

image22lv.jpg

Due to its N. spathulata parentage, it should color up as illustrated by voodoo's plant. Very nice.

Very nice plant, voodoolizard. Though, I think there are several varieties of N. x 'Judith Finn' with many different looks to them, like spots or as in voodoo's plant, it turns a nice shade of red. But, maybe I'm wrong. If I was, then why would only the peristome on my plant turn incredibly red?

-Ben

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Drosera36 @ April 13 2006,11:47)]Though, I think there are several varieties of N. x 'Judith Finn' with many different looks to them
I always thought 'Judith Finn' was a cultivar... but Savage Garden describes it like it's the name for all hybrids between N. veitchii × N. spathulata.

Yeah, I think it is just a cross between any N. spathulata and N. veitchii, which is why there is so much variation.

-Ben

I have a couple N. x 'Judith Finn'.  Here is a picture from a few months ago of a recently opened pitcher before it colored up.  Here it is..
Picture112.jpg

Personally, I would like a cross that showed more of N. veitchii in it with flared striped lips (ahhh! forgot the term). I bought the N. spathulata X veitchii HL striped 3 days ago. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Funny you should mention it.  I just took this picture yesterday in super advance planning of a web page.

Sits in a SE facing kitchen window and under fluorescents until 10 PM or so.

I really dig the color; not too flashy, like a delicately glazed ceramic vase.

judith_finn.jpg

Great plant, Nanook. It's really shiny.
smile.gif
I was wondering though, when do plants start to make those "wavy" peristomes like Nickz123's?

-Ben

Here's my Judith Finn:
p_Jidith_Finn.jpg

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fc3srx713b @ April 14 2006,11:12)]dam that one is nice ludwig!
Yeah I used to have trouble with this plant but this one is doing a lot better...putting out a new huge-looking pitcher.  I think Judith Finn hates being too wet; I rotted my last one with typical Nepenthes watering.

I top water mine 1-2 times (usually 2 times) every week. Seems to do fine. But when I water it, I soak it real good, and let it drain.

-Ben

That sounds right. It's fun to watch the intense change in color as the pitcher ages.

Yeah, it is. How old is your nep, Ludwig?

-Ben

At least 5 years.

Oh, mine is about 3-4 years old. Will the pitchers get big fast? My plants last pitcher was twice as big as the one before it.

-Ben

Mine is growing very fast these days, but my last one never did much after over a year. I think they are variable depending where you got it from.

Back