What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nepenthes alata

Hi, my nep dont make traps, the tips burnt and the leaves become black, it takes like 2 weeks to burnt and the black tip goes trounght the leave.. any idea, humydyty day 50%-60% night 70%-90%, temp no light 70f-75f, light 80f-90f, i water she once a week or 2, light is the 2X20 yellow light, 1X15 blue bulb, 1 pl 13wats 2,700°K. i wait u help.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Cha @ April 13 2006,7:44)]Hi, my nep dont make traps, the tips burnt and the leaves become black, it takes like 2 weeks to burnt and the black tip goes trounght the leave.. any idea, humydyty day 50%-60% night 70%-90%, temp no light 70f-75f, light 80f-90f, i water she once a week or 2, light is the 2X20 yellow light, 1X15 blue bulb, 1 pl 13wats 2,700°K. i wait u help.
What soil mix are you using? How much water do you give it? Your conditions sound fine to me.
dewy

aprox 150ml of destiled water, dont know the mix i buy it like it is, it look black
but it have wood, should i changue it and just leave some on the roots?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Cha @ April 13 2006,8:42)]aprox 150ml of destiled water, dont know the mix i buy it like it is, it look black
but it have wood, should i changue it and just leave some on the roots?
If you have some perlite on hand, try a 50/50 peat/ perlite mix. It sounds like the plant is in pure peat moss, which isn't good for the plant. Also, they generally don't like to be in standing water, so make sure yours is not standing in water. I top water my neps every day, and they do very well.
dewy

ok, silica sand is good?

oh, she have some perlite, so repot it?

bump, hey tere are more black leaves!. I cut 1 and other is black, some questions, how i know if she have enough light?, how i know if she is to hot or to close to the bulbs?

Make sure you don't use sand as neps like a very airy mix. I would use 50/50 peat/perlite. What kind of light is your plant getting?
dewy

over she is a pl X 13 wats 2,700°K, next the tube (blue bulb), next the 20wats yellow bulbs, i change the pl today for a 6,500°K 9 wats.

hey i wuz cheking the terraium, i c the new nep leave have a dark part and it have fungus on that part.. what should i do?

The nep?

Are you sure its fungus or the tip of the Tendril?

And no the fungus, a good fungacide would do the trick i dont have my fungicide list on hand, I know Alkaline based and soap based are Bad... or maybe thats insecticides..

W.e some one else can help, sounds like you arent getting enough ventalation, and i would recomend 1 part peat 1 part orchid bark 1 part perlite

Cheers

So i really need help. Please tell me what to do, im really new on all this, maybe i know names and all that but i cant cultivate a drosera!, please help me i will do anyting i can! to save my plant and i dont want the otehr have troubles, i wait for u help i will re install a fan close to the nep.

were i get a fungicide?, can i use tech I is for aquarium use, but i use it on comon plants, is iodine? is iodo I

hey if i cut the tip of the plant, will it grow again?.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Cha @ April 17 2006,12:18)]hey if i cut the tip of the plant, will it grow again?.
Are you talking about the growth point? If so, then yes new plants should pop up from dormant nodes. Give your plant LOTS of air circulation to prevent fungus from attacking it. Humidity is not essential for this nep.
dewy

Back