What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes-inspired music

ludwig777

Neps, Neps, Neps.........
A long time ago I wrote a piece of music inspired by an obsession with Nepenthes...I was (and still am) amazed at how these plants have evolved into what they are. A very strong tendency for survival has created these plants which adapted in the most unique way, a 'hunger' for food and survival as well...hope you enjoy, it is just for fun.

Hunger

Hehe, neet song. I like the last third or so the best. Making beats is always fun. Still wanna find an open source prog....

Note that zipping a mp3 file does not save much. The file size of hunger.zip is 5329KB whereas the unzipped hunger.mp3 is 5380KB.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BobZ @ April 14 2006,10:59)]Note that zipping a mp3 file does not save much. The file size of hunger.zip is 5329KB whereas the unzipped hunger.mp3 is 5380KB.
My web building program does that automatically with media files.

Very cool Ludwig. It definitely conjures up images of Nepenthes for me. I also get a feeling of mystery and a sense of the bizarre - perfect for tropical pitcher plants in my opinion!

Thanks! I see Nep's survival amazing, especially species like clipeata where their habitat is so limited.

I completely agree. It's astounding to think that at one time Nepenthes were just regular plants, and then somehow evolved into something so beautiful and complicated.

I was reminded more of visiting your greenhouse with the mister going and turning on your turbo fan. Have you tried playing this for your Neps?

<span style='color:teal'>Great music, Ludwig... You should add it to your site
smile_m_32.gif
</span>

Back