Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freezer Neps Part 2

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its not totaly sealed I'm sure. Besides if it does reverse then it will use the same stuff it produce the day before. Although I don't think its totaly reversed that they would suficate. I read that someplace before, but its not as efficient as the o2 making process.

Gecko I want to make something like that to grow highland Nepenthese and orchids!! Oh the Masdis and dracs one could grow in something like that. Not to mention the neat Nepenthes too. One day. Did you read at the bottom of that post where he said he uses fiber optics to transmit the light so that it doesn't heat the tank? That has to be so Cool.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that fiber optic stuff is sweet. I've never seen anyone take that approach to lighting before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is it efficient as a regular bulb?
    \"Nepenthes, the Devil's Cup\" - Santos
    Updated 5/27/06 Grow/Want List
    Updated 4/4/06 My Nepenthes Photo Album
    Feel free to call me @: (562)528-6223 - seriously!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow that guy has got to be a tech pro. The idea is brilliant!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FC he is using a metal halid porjector bulb to transmit the light to the fiber optics. Did you see the color of the purpurea? It has a really good red color. So I would say its getting pretty good light. He goes into the lighting in the thread did you read it? He just uses the fiber optics to transmit the light so the lights are not in the tank heating it up. If the lights were inside the tank it would slowly increase the temperature in the tank causing the freezer on the bottom work harder. The only thing I would do a little different would be to add baffles to the freezer. What this would do is increase the time the air is in the freezer so it would more effectively cool the air before it reenters the tank. Basicly the air would come in the one side hit a wall and go down then over then back up the next wall up and down till it finaly left the freezer. Of course this would require more fanns to help increase the air pressure to push the air through the freezer.

I have been thinking about a greenhouse version f something like this. Imagine a GH made with argon filleddouble pained low E glass. First of all these are the most energy efficient glass pannels made, but also the most expencive so this is just a dream. Take those glass pannels and make a GH about 12 x 12 or a little larger. Then get a commercial freezer unit and put it on the back wall and have it connected to a dual set thermastate one for night temp and on for day temp. The ultiate highland environment. All the natural light you want and the cooling of the freezer unit, and the walls are insilated with the argon filled dual pane low e glass pannels. Expencive, but would be a work of art!! Growing Masdis, dracs and other cool growers along with highland Neps and what not in the state of GA OUTSIDE IN A GH during the summer months with 100 degree temps!! Insane!!
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The vivarium looks cool, I was actually thinking of making something like that but decided not to because I wouldn't know how fast the cool air would escape. Since I'm not made of money and thus can't pay the cooling bills for something like that I decided to go simple. One day though I'll be building something like that guaranteed.

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wanted to give an update. Today I put in lfs and landscaped the entire freezer, well most of it, into a mossy forest of sorts. Enjoy. Don't mind the unfilled parts, those will be filled when the plants arrive.

EDIT: Sorry pictures are on the first page.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12