What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fungi on my S. sp. nov Sumatra?

The plants grows well, but I think they are fungi. New leaves stay green for a while, but after a week.....

54d76dab.jpg

7f832711.jpg

Is there anything I can do to erase those things from my love?
confused.gif

Looks more like they are burning from light levels to me...

I don't know about that Travis. THat looks like a fungi due to the porous look of the leaf surface where it is infected. I would spray with Cleary's 3336WP

I was/am just going off what my plants look like within a week of me moving them outside after being in all winter. Some of the leaves fry a bit, others fry hard and all that get fried get that "porous" look.

Travis, I moved them outside, it's true. But they were like that also before I moved them. the older leaves were all produced inside my tank...

Federico,
I don't know i which way you did move the Nepenthes from the terrarium to outside.
You live in Rome and there the sun is already stronger than here in Milan.
I also already put to outside all my plants without having problems.I just kept open the terrarium to give less humidity and then, as the weather was bad and rainy...I put them outside in MORNIG SUN ( just 2 hours x day ).
Anyway..if this is not sun damage I thing also it is a fungi ( I don't thing RUST SPOTS....anyone can help to identify?).
If it is fungi just try with a BAYERS product called PROVADO PLUS. It should work fine.
Keep us informed.

Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

I'd put money on it being a fungal infection, colletotrichum, mycospaerella and cercospora are common leaf spot infections in Nepenthes. Clearys 336 (thiophanate methyl) is good, but use it carefully as it will retard growth and is highly toxic to humans - don't get it on your skin or breathe any in.

NG, did you drink it instead of milk at breakfast? HAHAHAHAH

thanks NG and SN. Maybe also my tenuis is infected!

All fungicides should be used with extreme caution, they're carcinogens. Maybe not toxic in the sense that they'd make you sick straight away, but you really want to treat them with great care.

Spray with captan50 if u have those over there

My neps suffered from fungi a while back. I simply cut then off and simply sprayed the whole plant. Now it's looking better, except being quite bare.

No I didn't drink it like milk! lol. I always was more afriad of the insecticides, but I guess I should be equally afraid of the fungicides!

SydneyNeps is quite right I think may people spray these chemicals about without knowing the associated risks and   protecting themselves fully. You should wear rubber gloves and a face mask to avoid breathing in any aerosol. In a normal laboratory environment these chemicals would be used in a fume hood.

Simon

Yes is right, I always wear the mask when I use fungicide!

Aga, provado plus is against insects , not for fungi!!!!!

Yes, you are right! Sorry!
Bye!

Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

Back