What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mirabilis

By the side of a widen road i came across some mirabilis scrambling up a cut-out hill slope of approx.40ft tall. Grow in the open under the full blast of the tropical sun, as if competiting among themselves to see who grow faster and reaching the top of the hill.

This is a healthy one reaching half way up the hill,but spent too much time putting out the basals.

DSC_0914alt1.jpg

and this one has only 1/3 distant to go.No basals,the dead branch probably the main growth,then put out a new growth all the way up.

DSC_0911alt2.jpg

Mirabilis,among all neps species, the only one grow in places/countries where neps are found. The only species found in southern china and Northern Australia.This is one tough neps
smile.gif

Robert

Very nice again, Robert. I think you're absolutely correct about the adaptability of N. mirabilis across its range - it is indeed one vigorous if not weedy species! Thanks again for sharing.

Cheers
Amori

Interesting pictures. That slope looks pretty steep, unless the photo angle is fooling my eyes. Even though it grows along a shallow depression I think it is fascinating to see how the wine has avoided to drop to the ground.

Thanks,

Christer

Back