What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. tenuis

ludwig777

Neps, Neps, Neps.........
Never hear of this mentioned here...I think this is an awesome looking plant. Does anyone know how to get one or how difficult it is?

I got this photo from the net, hope that's ok here:
N_tenuis04.jpg

That is a very cool Nep. Unfortunately I don't have any info on it.

I have seen it on Joel's website.

Hi Ludwig,

this is a photo of my plant you posted above.
In contrast to it's rarity N. tenuis is quite easy to grow. It grows in both, intermediate and highland conditions but does better with cooler temperatures especially at night.
I grow my plant in pure sphagnum moos and it grows quite fast in comparison with most other highlanders.

It is quite difficult to get a plant because there are only a few people who grow this species and the only method to propagate it so far is by cuttings.

Andreas Wistuba once sold a few cuttings but currently it is not available. Maybe later this year - just keep your eyes open... www.wistuba.com

Cheers,
Matthias

N. tenuis seems easy enough if you can provide typical highland conditions. I grow mine in live LFS in a terra with bright light and high humidity.

Plant habit:
wholeplant.jpg

Close-up of pitchers:
closeup1.jpg

How the pitchers like to grow, almost buried in Sphagnum
closeup2.jpg

Cheers,
T.

Yeah it is a great little Nepenthes I would compare its growth habits to plants like N. jacquelineae, N. spec. Nov. Sumatra, or N. densiflora.
d5e9d14b.jpg

Thanks
-Jeremiah-

Thank you all for the replies...your plants are all very beautiful.
Ludwig

Thanks

I have a question, are all the cultivated N. tenuis from the same plant ie they would all be of the same gender and clone?

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Back