What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Part II! (Dragons, Bugs and Copperheads)

N. izumiae x truncata. Unfortunately, the glorious bronze peristome is but an interim stage until it turns deep black/burgundy-like. Pity...
nepenthesizumaextruncata060518.jpg

First ovata pitcher of the year! (Thanks again, Christian Klein!)
nepenthesovata060518large1au.jpg

Guess this one! First one gets, uh, nothing!
Nepenthesmadagascariensis060516.jpg

Guess again! (this one's easy, tho)
Lecanopterispumila060516.jpg

And last, not least, one of my last two incarcerated Neps....(I need a terrarium in my office!)
NepenthesbicalcarataRedFlush060516.jpg

Nice pics all around, Hans! I wish I could grow more outdoors! By the way, what is that strange blob???

Capslock

I guess bird poo, slime mold, or both.
smile_n_32.gif

its a lecanoptreris(sp?) an ant fern. ive got one. what species is yours?

Is the Nepenthes..madagascareinsis?
As the other photo, it looks like a stepped-on frog to me....

Cheers,

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Guess this one! First one gets, uh, nothing!
I would say N. X coccinea or one of the similar hybrids.
I like the ant plant, I was thinking about getting one. And I love the bical, beautiful pitcher you got there. I can't wait till mine looks like that.

Hi guys,

thanks for the nice comments!

Yes, the nep is a madagascariensis, and the stepped-on frog is a Lecanopteris pumila. That thing grows up to three feet in length and a foot and a half in width......takes about twenty years, though.

As to the bug - are you sure your Californian junebugs look like this? Green-metallic an' all?
Here's another native (and mighty randy) Taiwanese bug species (Photo copyright Thomas Straubmüller). That's a deerhorn beetle (Dicranocephalus wallichi ssp. bourgoini), and the other day, hundreds of them partied like outlaw bikers right next to my house, where they found the road covered in rotting, high-octane cherries. Sodom and Gomorrha ensued!

yeah like that pic you posted but not like that link and what they are doing!
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif
biggrin.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
cool.gif
laugh.gif
confused.gif
blues.gif

Back