Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black rot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Lam_W:

i have one more question for you!. Are you growing your plants under 90% shade?, because if you do, i don't particularly think you'll get good growth. Usually 40-60% shade is what most experienced nepenthes growers recommend

Gus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (agustinfranco @ May 23 2006,5:42)]Hi Lam_W:

Preventive measures are the best solutions. I don't know whether you live in an area where you can find a vast range of systemic fungicides, but as good practice, at least for neps, always spray them prior potting these, so any fungus lurking around will be inhibited.
    If you are getting more plants no matter where they come from, take precautionary measures to minimize heartaches.
    Also what is your relative humidity and amount of light your plants get?

Gus
    Hi,
    I grow most of the neps in 50-70% shade. I dont know if its something I am doing wrong or just the climate, but 50% is already quite taxing on some of my plants, since most of the plants I grow are small/juvenile. But 90% is for acclimitizing or seedlings. (BTW I think BE's lowland greenhouse uses 80-90% dont they?)
    I am not too sure about what types of systemic fungicides we have here, but I will try some.
    regarding humidity, when my old hygrometer still worked, it usually measured >70%, 60-65% on hot days.
    while we are at growing conditions, temps here are lowland 24-33 celcius, which may be why the highlanders are stressed out a little.
    thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try orthonex as a fungicide...
    \"Nepenthes, the Devil's Cup\" - Santos
    Updated 5/27/06 Grow/Want List
    Updated 4/4/06 My Nepenthes Photo Album
    Feel free to call me @: (562)528-6223 - seriously!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12