User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: neps outside?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i was wondering what neps i could put outside during the warm season. my usda zone is 6/7 and my ahs heat zone is 7, i live in boise idaho where temps get up to 90 deg F. i am wanting to put n. rafflesiana, n. ampullaria, n.macfarlenei, and n. sibuyansis (sp?). if i put them outside, should they be in part shade? the lowest temp around here right now is 47 deg F and the high is 82 F.
    thanks
    peace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Peanutsgang:

I would take my chances with macfarlanei and sibuyanensis. Unless you can provide better conditions for the other two, i'd refrain from acquiring these

good luck

Gus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Peanuts,

Go to my site and check out my species profiles for my Neps. I grow exclusively outdoors in temperate conditions. Some plants do better than others. While you may not be able to grow as many outdoors as I do, you might be able to enjoy some of the other more vigorous species / hybrids in those conditions.

Joel
    Nepenthes Around the House

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (NepsAroundTheHouse @ May 21 2006,4:00)]Peanuts,

Go to my site and check out my species profiles for my Neps. I grow exclusively outdoors in temperate conditions. Some plants do better than others. While you may not be able to grow as many outdoors as I do, you might be able to enjoy some of the other more vigorous species / hybrids in those conditions.

Joel
    Nepenthes Around the House
    thanks alot, very very usefull. by the way, good job on cultivating all of those

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had your typical garden center variety of Neps outside for the summer, having lived in the Reading, PA area (ventrata, Judith Finn) and I recommend the plants being acclimated slowly, to avoid being burned. They should be put into "bright shade" for at least a week and thereafter a morning sun exposure.