What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID please

What do I have here?

Picture001.jpg

Bought from lowes, mislabelled as a saracinea(sp) on the tag but correctly called a nepenthes on the barcode label, if someone would be so kind as to tell me what exactly Im growing  
smile.gif

It looks to me to be a N. 'Ventrata'

thanks
-Jeremiah-

That's a beautiful plant!
smile.gif

Just before I read Jeremiah's response, I said the same thing. And a very nice looking plant indeed! Definitlely NOT a Lowes cube purchase!

You have one of the nicer looking N. x ventratas that I've ever seen.

Capslock

The two I was trying to trade a couple weeks ago look like that one too.

OMG! That looks awesome! I also have a ventrat but its very small with pitchers only about 2 inches long

Excellent, thanks, yes I bought it from lowes for $12, they had about 15 of them, I chose the biggest but they all looked pretty healthy.
That pic is from just after I first bought it but it must be happy as many of the smaller pitchers died at first but now its making new pitchers and reaching for the sky
smile.gif

WOW Nice! i wish my Lowes had things like that!

Yeah, I bought the same plant from Lowes as well. I live in Sunrise, FL and got a beautiful one as well. It is growing like mad and putting out good size pitchers as well as already starting to develop into a vine (!) and I got it in the end of March! I keep it in my enclosed patio which is south facing along with my other lowlander neps (all of which appear to be loving our current humid weather!

Back