What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nice new pitcher to come home to

Here is my first real nice looking N. lowii. It opened while I was at the ICPS Conference, and it is 5.914 inches to the base of the lid.

2006-6-7_N_lowii_Wistuba_plants020.jpg

2006-6-7_N_lowii_Wistuba_plants014.jpg

Thanks
-Jeremiah-

Jeremiah that is amazing! Thanks for the picture; my lowii is, oh, about 5 years from that stage!

nice!!!! i dont think you rajah can top this...

Wow! That is incredible!

the shape really is intimidating
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Robert

is that your first upper on N Lowii? beautiful!
alex

I FEEL ME BADDDDDDDDDDD!!!
After having the lowii in my terrarium with temperatures of 24 during day and 16 during night for 6 months and when I realized that the plant developed me only one trap I was very bad....
so suddently I decided to buy an ephippiata...let's see if she grows a little more faster than lowii!
Poor i AMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

very nice Sir! Yours is about 2 or 3 pitchers ahead of mine. be sure to let us know when it flowers.
smile.gif

lowwii.jpg

And congrats on your prize Jaq!

thanks
robin

How old is it? How big in diameter? What size pot?

By the way : how old is the plant?
Just to have an idea to know how many year I should wait to have a such big plant!
Thanks!

Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

Thanks,

It is the N. lowii from Gunung Mulu. It is not a big plant, only about 13.9 inches across. It is just under 6 years old. I grow it in 7 1/2" pot just like this one here

Here is a photo of the last pitcher it put out before this one.

This photo was taken 10-13-05
62f4df4a.jpg

Then it threw out two leafs that never pitchered, so the shape changed quite fast.

thanks
-Jeremiah- here

Thanks,
I found your topic interesting.
Ok...let's see with mine then! ;)
Bye!
Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

Holy Cow 6 years... Wow, I got some time to wait on mine.

Atleast it never skipped a beat with my recieving it. Made a new leaf with a pitcher. All within 2 weeks of getting it.

Back