What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recommend any neps?

Hi
I mite be buying some neps soon and I can spend up to maybe $60 for plants not including shipping. I want to know if any people can recommend any good looking interesting neps. I hav my eyes on a trusamandies (or however u spell it) and maybe a miranda or maxima. Can anyone recommend some neps that I can get?
I also love any good hybrids out there.

woah cowboy! N. × trusmadiensis (TM as it is called by some) is probly one of the rarest plants on the market now! if fact i dont even think it is being sold! it extremly expnsive too! it is a hybris between Lowii and Macrophylla so look it up. it can be considered an ultra highlander because of its parents and is slowwwwwwww growing. to give you an idea on how expensive it is...exotica plants had an auction for a nice sized specimine and at mid auction the price was 1,800AU$. i think it fianlly sold for 3,000AU$. Miranda is a great hybrid that gets rely big. maxima is also nice.
good luck
alex

Dam! I didnt know it was that expensive! The hybrids of it are pretty darn cheap. O well. I guess Ill hav to stick with others. Anyone else recommend some other neps?

Check out your local homecenters. The plants they sell may not be rare, but many are very beautiful and relatively inexpensive. Also, because they are usually hybrids, they tend to be much more adaptable to different conditions.

Good luck,
Steve

thx ill do that. But im also looking for some hybrids that are very beautiful and nursery grown.

Miranda is a great bet. Beautiful plan with large, showy pitchers. It will also grow as a house plant....Won't pitcher in the winter, but it won't wither, either. Durring the growing season, I grow mine outside.

I'm also very partial to copelandii - really nice plant, and fairly tollerant. Though it is a highlander, so you'll have to be carefull not to bake it.

There are tons - I'd just browse pictures until you find one you like. So many hybrids are really easy that you can almost just take your pic. Check out Tony P's site and see what he has available. Look here at PFT to see if there's anything you like. Check out ebay. Find something that strikes your interest and then investigate if you can grow it (you probably can.)

Capslock

for pure species that are showy and hardy, N. bongso is a good one. mine isnt quite as hardy as ventrata but its close. (its the one on the right)

2987c7c5.jpg

Thats really nice! I mite get a bongso, miranda, ampullaria, and maybe a maxima. Thx all.

Back