What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eating Nepenthes?

They have ostrich burgers at fudruckers? Im gonna get one next time I go

ostrich burgers..... what has this world come to

how about a side of fried kakapo (population <100), the golden toad on a bun (none seen since the 70's, about 50 years after it was discovered), roasted baiji (~10), steamed tamaraw (30-100), grilled hirola on a plater (~300), marinaded spix macaw wings(<100), Cuban Solenodon sauce on(<30) a dibbler (<300)?
mad.gif

mass extermination!!! YUM
i like roasted trphyophyllum peltatum seeds also
laugh.gif

ostrich arent endangered.........................atleast not till they have mass market appeal............how big of an oven would i need for a thanksgiving ostrich?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ June 16 2006,12:17)]ostrich arent endangered.........................atleast not till they have mass market appeal............how big of an oven would i need for a thanksgiving ostrich?
You need an oven like Wilma Flintstones. Didn't matter how big it was, she just stuffed it in and it fit. There's ostrich ranches around already. Hehe, the drumsticks alone would feed a small family.

No, No, If you wanna get it done right go for a buffet of Northern white rhino (<40), toss in some Blue Iguana (<20) and a fish fry of giant catfish ( low numbers, screwed because of the dams china is building)

Wait, I thought the last time was in the 80's (with a big populations), then the Golden Toad just disapeared
smile_h_32.gif
. Also, like BCK said, they have ranches for them. The same goes with Buffalo and Emu. And they all taste delicious. Also I have eaten Crocodile while in Australia, where they have farms for them

i know was being a smart arse....................i buy ranch raised bison meat all the time.........excellent stuff

I know, its like heavenly. Way better then beef, plus there is one five miles away

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ June 16 2006,2:21)]i know was being a smart arse....................i buy ranch raised bison meat all the time.........excellent stuff
A local restaurant in town that we frequent (I don't tip, I leave rent money for the table
smile_m_32.gif
) has buffaloe burgers on their menu and you can buy ground buffaloe in the supermarket.

Back when I ate such a thing, I thought bison tastes like a cross between beef and liver. Not a good thing in my opinion. I never had ostrich meat, but if I have to eat a dark purplish food, I'd rather it be a plum or grape. As an aside, I saw what I guess is an ostrich farm last summer while on a train somewhere in the Barstow, CA area.

As for eating birds in June, they spent some time in the freezer. I don't know whether he smokes them before freezing them or after thawing them.

I just drink Nepenthes! Wow! Ever tried? ahahahha!
I did cuttings so here I was drinking what I not used anymore! ;)

Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

truncata_drink.jpg

Aga,tiny drop,are u that thirsty.u should try to drink from rafflesiana (unopen pitcher)
smile.gif

oh and what about some dolphin filets, N. Clipeata salad, Arowana steaks, and fried Whooping Crane!
alex

bottle nose or river? I hear river dolphin is more tender

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Back when I ate such a thing, I thought bison tastes like a cross between beef and liver.

Bruce, yah got ahold of some bad bison, dont know how i would describe the taste but it is along the lines of the really good aged beef i get from my uncles, yah know the kind thats NEVER seen a feed lot. bison is leaner than beef and the taste is a bit different but not "gamey" like deer or elk can be. to me good elk tastes like good beef with a bit of extra ironish aftertaste(this is going by just a grilled steak no seasonings). i like it.

actually very lil beats GOOD beef if you can get ahold of it but even where i live it takes some effort and will cost more. i can only think of 2 supermarkets within 100 miles that sell good range raised/no feedlot good beef and yah pay extra for it though it is worth every penny. the last roast i bought at Albertsons had so much water injected into it that it turned into stew in the slow cooker

One of these days, when I have money
smile_l_32.gif
. Im gonna get some kobe beef.

Nah id rather keep my pitchers on the plant.

Back