What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here are some Nepenthes from my highland Greenhouse.

N. aristolochioides
2006-4-22_Nepenthes_High_GH_023.jpg

N. eymae
2006-4-22_Highland_GH_055.jpg

N. densiflora
2006-4-22_Highland_GH_046.jpg

N. copelandii
2006-4-22_Highland_GH_033.jpg

N. ephippiata
2006-4-22_Highland_GH_032.jpg

N. pilosa
2006-4-22_Highland_GH_012.jpg

N. rajah leaf
2006-6-22_lowii_Upper_GH_082.jpg

N. jacquelineae
2006-6-22_lowii_Upper_GH_066.jpg

A few of the N. lowii now that it has colored up
2006-6-22_lowii_Upper_GH_023.jpg

2006-6-22_lowii_Upper_GH_015.jpg

Nice pictures Jeremiah,

How tall is your aristo? I have several plants the tallest vining plant is about 5-6ft but it refuses to pitcher, all the the other smaller plants growing in the same conditions (approx 10") tall are producing superb pitchers about 4-5". I'm not sure what the trick is for making vining aristos pitcher, maybe I'll cut it back down to the two new basals that are coming through.

Simon

Very nice...which eymae do you have? I have BE's and yours looks different than mine:
eymae.jpg

Extremely nice pics, truly lovely pitchers.
smile_n_32.gif

And that was yet another bunch of gob-shattering pictures by Jeremiah IV., Lord of the Highlanders!

By the way, I can't remember ever having seen lowlanders in your photos. Do you have any at all, or do you just specialize in highlanders?

Jeremiah, what is your temperature range, moisture levels and light levels? THanks, PS do you mist/fog?

Hans, Jeremiah has two seperate greenhouse(or atleast he did when i was there last summer) the highland greenhouse is newer and quite orderly, the lowland one looked like a jungle with nepenthes vines everywhere and pot after pot of Utrics in trays
smile_n_32.gif
IIRC it was mostly hybrids in the lowland, no particularily spectacular pitchers course i had just gotten done drooling over his jac before i was shown the lowland so that might have jaded my vision a lil
smile_m_32.gif

Hello,

My temperature range for the last 7 days in the Highland GH is
75.7 F max 99% humidity max
50.9 F min 64% humidity min

The plants are watered automatically by the misting system with tap water.

I have a 60% shade cloth on the side of the GH I grow the Nepenthes so they get about 5000 to 5500 foot candles.

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Jeremiah,
Your N. aristolochioides looks great.
I hope the one I picked up from the ICPS convention will turn out as nice.

I remember from previous photo postings you made you have an air conditioning unit on your greenhouse.

Have you got any details on it - how powerful is it, where did you get it - is it a 'domestic' or industrial model - any idea how much electricity something like that uses - do you use it in the day or just at night?

Lots of questions, thanks very much if you have the time to reply - I want to do something similar on my own house as I can keep the daytime temps and humidity perfect but my summer night temperatures are still too high

Dave

Your conditions are almost the same as mine are Jeremiah.
smile.gif

Very nice pics indeed. What were the images taken with?
My N. Ampullaria is doing very well in Terrarium with 2gro lights GE.

Top down water.

I can't complain . They are doing well.

I hope to post some picshere later and on my new blog

Hello,

Sorry I did not reply sooner.

osmosisuk
I'm just using an evaporative cooler, it is a very inexpensive was to cool in a dry climate. It is a domestic cooler that is made to sit in a window.

7343d6e4.jpg

kccpguy
I'm now using Nikon D70s.

thanks
-Jeremiah-

i LOVE your N. jacquelineae and N. pilosa!

Man you have some nice looking Neps.I was wondering what temp you keep them at.I don't understand the 5000-5500 candle thing.Between you and Chuck you have the Neps and Droseras covered.I have received quite a few of Chuck's wonderful plants.I've been trying a few neps out but it isn't fairing to well for me yet.

Back