What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The story of a judth finn

I've been growing cps for about 7 years now. Got my first nep back in 2000, a small, little pot of horrors, Judith Finn bought at the local garden center.

Here she is in her 3" pot in 2001
nep040ca.jpg

and in a 4" pot in 2002
nep116xr.jpg

I don't have any pics of her again till 2006 but by the end of summer 2003 she was in a 6" pot and had out grow her space in the 20 gal tank, and was moved to the window sill. She didn't like that, her pitchers soon died, her leaves got smaller. Soon she stopped growing altogether. The last pitcher she made was around 6", it  would be the last pitcher I would see for 2 and a half years. Jan. 2006 I decided it was time to take cuttings and get her growing again.

Well here we are the end of June 2006 and shes loves it in her steamy bright lowland setting. Most recent pitcher is 3.5" and she is coloring up real nice.
image31jm.jpg

image84sg.jpg

image105lq.jpg

Chris

And some other nepenthes pics

my sickly N. ampullaria (it has a fungus problem)
image167ye.jpg

N. rafflesiana
image157mb.jpg

N. thorelii x N. aristolochioides
image20eh1.jpg

image09cr.jpg

image195zj.jpg

N. spathulata x N. ampullaria
image71jh.jpg

image39el.jpg

Chris

HEy,
I love all those love stories!NIce to check how your Nep. has grown during the years!
Continue like this!
Bye!

Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

Being a total sucker for ampullaria crosses, your amp x spath excites me the most. Where did you get it? How do you grow it What's the story?

Dang, I always love hearing about CP success stories like this! I'm sure your N. x Judith Finn really appreciates that it got rescued.

Nice growing!

Thanks...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Being a total sucker for ampullaria crosses, your amp x spath excites me the most. Where did you get it? How do you grow it What's the story?

It is an old exotica hybred I got from a member here 4 years ago. I grow it in a hot humid lowland terrarium under 65 watt CF lights. I have not taken temp or humidity readings in a long time, so I'm not sure what the temps or humidity are. but I would guest 90s during the day, mid 70s at night and humidity never drops below 80%.

Chris

Back