What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have not had much time to participate here lately, but some unforseen events have given me a bit of time to take some new images and post them here. So, here are a few of the latest....

An upper pitcher of N. hamata from a cutting I rooted last year. This plant has produced a number of upper growth cuttings, and this is one I kept around, rather than trading it away.

NHamataUpper.jpg

Here is a close-up shot of the peristome.

NHamataCloseup.jpg

Here are a couple of varieties of N. tentaculata. The first is from G. Rajah, and the second from G. Niut.

NTentaculataRajah.jpg

NTentaculataNiut.jpg

This is an N. ramispina lower pitcher.

NRamispina.jpg

This next image is a close-up shot of one of my favorite species, N. tenuis. This is a rather small plant, and its pitchers have a very unique, squat appearance. It's very easy to grow, and seems quite at home in typical intermediate to highland conditions. The pitcher shown is only about 3 cm tall.

NTenuis.jpg

A nice, robust N. macrophylla pitcher...

NMacrophylla.jpg

An upper pitcher of N. lavicola, approximately 8 cm in height.

NLavicolaUpper.jpg

A shy N. clipeata pitcher peeks out from behind its mother leaf.
smile_l_32.gif

ShyNClipeata.jpg

A lower pitcher of N. platychila, revealing the rather marked contrast between itself and the rather beautiful uppers of this species.

NPlatychilaLower.jpg

Here are a few more....

An upper pitcher of a species I really like: N. ovata.

NOvataUpper.jpg

N. ventricosa is a common plant, but this yellowish variety is kind of cool:

NventricosaYellow.jpg

Here is a matching reddish variety....

NventricosaRed.jpg

N. muluensis is really pretty, and here it is nestled in a bed of moss. Both moss and Nepenthes have been growing well.

NMuluensisPlant.jpg

A close-up of one of the pitchers....

NMuluensis.jpg

Finally, I close with an image of an especially beautiful variety of N. veitchii -- definitely my favorite variety of this species.

NVeitchiiStriped2.jpg

Hope that you've enjoyed the images. Good growing!

Hello,
those are beautiful plants, very exciting species like tenuis and platychilla.
About the ramispina, am I wrong to say it looks like the nat hybrid with macfarlanei?
thanks

Veeeeery nice!!!! Hamata uppers, a whole forest of muluensis....very special, very pretty!

Thanks for sharing!

Hans

Very nice, I think I'm going to steal that muluensis pic to use as a desktop
smile_m_32.gif

T.

What a wonderful collection neps!

Welcome back Jeff,

Ohh Gorgeous photos of some stunning plants. That N. muluensis pot with the moss is fantastic!

The N. ramispina looks like the Wistuba plants I got a few years back. Appears to me a hybrid as well. The MT and BE plants I have flair noticeably at the top of the pitcher and have a clear mint green pitcher interior.

T

Hiya Jeff, nice to see you around! Gotta love your photos, always a treat to see them!

How do you find a safe place to sleep from your N. macrophylla?
smile_n_32.gif
How large is that?

Thanks all, for your kind words. It is always a pleasure to share a few images with such an appreciative audience.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]About the ramispina, am I wrong to say it looks like the nat hybrid with macfarlanei?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The N. ramispina looks like the Wistuba plants I got a few years back. Appears to me a hybrid as well. The MT and BE plants I have flair noticeably at the top of the pitcher and have a clear mint green pitcher interior.

You folks are probably right about this. I've wondered myself. The plant in the image was acquired from Germany about eleven years ago.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Very nice, I think I'm going to steal that muluensis pic to use as a desktop

I would be honored!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]How do you find a safe place to sleep from your N. macrophylla? How large is that?

I keep it behind a locked door!
smile_n_32.gif
That plant is several years old, and the pitcher shown is in the 17 to 18 cm range. It's one of my favorite plants.

I'll see if I cannot scare up a few more images sometime soon. In particular, N. merrillana is looking good of late....

Great pictures and plants Jeff. I take it for granted that your plants look awesome but I'm particularly impressed at the photos. The white background and relatively soft lighting works really well. Is that just natural light or did you do something special to illuminate them?

Rich

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Great pictures and plants Jeff. I take it for granted that your plants look awesome but I'm particularly impressed at the photos. The white background and relatively soft lighting works really well. Is that just natural light or did you do something special to illuminate them?

Hi Rich,

Thanks! To produce the images I simply used a ring flash in conjunction with my digital camera. The background is a commercially available product. I'm glad that you like the results!

Hello Neps!!!
I really need information how to let pitcher the Nepenthes Muluensis Purple!
Mine simply refuses! I keep it in the terrarium during bad season and outside now in warm season without direct sun. I have read on some Sites online that she likes only light.
In my terrarium I have lots of Nepenthes, but only muluensis purple and ovata refuses to pitcher even it grows nicely!
Check the picture!
I keep the plant with 4 neons of 30 Watt each at 50 cm distance. Ouside now without direct sun light but with good ambience light.
Please tell me something more about this plant.What do have notices that she needs really in order to begin to pitcher? My humidity levels are between 60% and 80% in the night with neon OFF.
Let me know,thanks!
Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY
muluensis.jpg

Hi Mr. Aga,

Can you tell me, please, the approximate range of the temperature regime these species experience in your care? My immediate suspicion is that you may be keeping them too warm....

Neps those are some fantastic pictures! Your plants and phot skills are simply AWESOME. Thanks for sharing those plants with us. I for one am still relatively new to Nepenthes and some of your photos have shown me some very interesting plants I wouldn't mind owning in the future. Thanks again.

Hello Neps!,
ok..listen : my Nepenthes muluensis lies in only peat moss and perlite ( 30%) as you can see yourself in the Sept2005 picture.In the last picture it lies in live spaghnum that is present just on the top of the peat moss.
During Autunn and winter the temperatures in my terrarium are the most of the time 25 Celsius during day and 15 Celsius during night.
Now that we are here in Summer the muluensis has temperatures ranging the most of time between 33 Celsius during day and 25 Celsius during night.
Please : in your hands lies my solution.
Please give me some tips and tell me more about your annual round conditions. SO that I can simulate them for my muluensis.
Thanks,

Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

hmmmmmmmmmmm that veitchii looks familiar, would it be the one i sent yah?
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

very nice plants, really like the first N. tentaculata and the ovata

Great pictures Neps! Yes welcome back!
Those hamata and macrophylla pics are outstsanding....wow!...very inspiring!

***please post more**
smile.gif

Thanks for sharing,
robin

Great job, Neps. Your growing skills and image making are superb. I especially like the N. tentaculata G. Rajah.

Please post more,
KPG

Back