User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Bical in Atl

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know there is a bit of representation of Atlanta on the board. As such, do any of you Atlantaians grow bical? If so, how do you recommend? I can it take it outside?
    Updated Growlist!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't live in Atlanta,but I haven't put mine outside since I only have one plant.I have put a spare nep outside and after a month it didn't fair to well.

Jerry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bicals do NOT like being outside in the south. Trust me, so far the only Nep's that have done well outside here in Texas for me is Ventricada and Coccinea.
    My life sucks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have bical but I grow almost all my non-highlanders outside during the suummer (once nights get over 50 actually). They all take a bit of time aclimating to the higher light and serious sunburn is not unheard of but all do great once settled in. I also seem to recall that CNC had a bical outside when I was there a year or so ago.

Personally I would be inclined to say it should do okay but would recommend pretty haevy shading to start with and pay very close attention to watering
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok its like 90 out and humid as heck. I think I"m going to go put it on the patio in the shade
    Updated Growlist!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ventricada? is that what you call it? haha never heard that. im going to start combining nep hybrid parent names...just for fun. like N. alata x khasiana= N. x Alatiana. hehe. im currently trying Ventrata and either Ventrata or Ventricosa....i dont know which it is yet.
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer