What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes Growers Around The World

It doesn't work very well. It put my dot about 30 miles south of where I live, and someone else doesn't look right either.

Perhaps if you enlarge the map it will give a better approximation of your location.

i added myself

Nope, it doesn't change my location, and it even put Nate further away from his location than I am from mine. We both used zip codes, so maybe that is the problem. Is there any way to edit my info?

i added myself to it

srduggins .....
No way to edit ..... However, I will delete your entry and you can re-enter it with more specific data.

Oh well, that didn't work any better.

Sorry! ...... Something to do with the fault zone?

That would be some earthquake. It is still pretty cool, but I guess it thinks Garden Grove is now part of Irvine.

Does it only take one person from a given city? I was rejected and it said it was because of "duplicate name"-
I presume it means the city and not another Joe Griffin, lol.

Cheers,

Joe

'No". It's you. The NIA (Nepenthes Intelligence Agency) supplied the information on you.

In other words Joe it means that someone out there has taken the initiative to add your name to the list without consulting with you first. I figured this out myself when I tried to add myself and I also got the message. A bit of scrolling revealed that I had already been added without being consulted first.

Not a big deal to me as I was already preparing to add myself, but it could be a big deal to someone else who doesn't wish to have their name or portions of their address publicized on the internet without their approval. Apparently, from what I've heard, this has happened many times already by some very over zealous person or persons.

I added myself to the list.

Back