What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

growth

What is it? Im suspecting it to be new growth points. But I figured I would find out if its that or not. This is supposedly grown from seed.

N. gymnamphora (seed grown)
592e0b09.jpg

And I highly doubt its a flower stalk at this age. Im just confused Cause I thought it happend when they were older. And just so you guys knwo that leaf grew like that after I shipped it.

Thanks!

Come on I know some one has read it! It has 75 hits! What is it?

to me they look like new shoots. dont rely on me though. just wait for it to develop
Alex

It looks like your plant went through some stress and a dormant node did start to grow. This may or may not be turn into a growing growth point. I have one of those on one of my plants and it just stays looking like that and the original growing point keeps on going. This odd growth showed up after I made a large cutting from the tip of the plant.

Ok, Now whats going on, Both the dormant nodes are starting to form tendrils, and then theirs another dormant node forming. Is this suposed to happen?

Do you mean there's a tendril coming out of the node? I would assume you're getting multiple growth points, which is good

Is it normal? or is it just a sign of a happy and healthy nep?

tendrils growing out of nodes seems abnormal to me, since they normally form at the ends of leaves. Nodes usually sprout new growth points. IF you have new growth points coming out of nodes, that's a good thing.

TC Neps sometimes sprout multiple nodes at a very young age. I haven't seen this in seed grown neps, but I don't have a gymnamphora either. Is the top growth point still growing? Any damage to it? Did you put any coconut milk or keikei paste on the nodes?

maybe its just tiny tiny leafs forming? The only damage to the top looked like a funny leaf, but the growth on the top is fine, ill get a shot hear in a bit. Also no paste.

I had the same thing on one of my sanguinea's from Ulu Kali, the biggest one did fine when arrived but the other one had a litle bit of stress, so now I have a small plant with about 2 growht points and it's doing fine right now...

53a0d5e7.jpg

eaee7ca9.jpg

cff37c9d.jpg

well, Hears all the growth points. As for that one the dormant node hadnt opend up all the way.

So I guess I can hope for the "worst" lol, and hope they all open up and form new growth points!

Back