What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

repotting/propogation

If the peat in my amp pot ages too much, would that cause any problems? I'm thinking of repotting. There's a lot of that moss stuff that you see on outdoor cps a lot, not spaghumn, the kind that looks like a mini-pine tree.

Also, the main stem is getting too large for the terrarium, so I'm thinking of chopping it off and making cuttings. What would happen to the growth coming out of the base/lower part of the stem? (there's a LOT..like 50+ leaves).

I don't see any problems for the base of your plant, what could happen is that it will send up some more basal ofshoots.

Repotting your plant will probably cause a shock, but the plant should start growning again in a normal way fairly fast.

thanks for the reply.

I decided to try air-layering the upper stem. If it doesn't work nothing will happen, if it does i get a new plant.

Back