What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fairly new neps thriving

my green n. ampullaria i got about 2 months ago
IMG_1573.jpg

and my new n. sanguinea i got a month ago
IMG_1580.jpg

Nice Plants !

Yep, those plants show the unmistakable signs of healthy growth! Keep it up, and keep us posted!

Capslock

well my n. amp is in a terrarium with humidity about 75% and im not sure of the temperature. the sanguinea is my favorite houseplant, it is thriving in my room about 50% humidity, and 75 degress F.
here is a close up of the pitcher, it has little dew drops on it:p
IMG_1569.jpg

They look nice. Curious on the N. sanguinea. Did you get it from a nursery labelled such? Doesn't look like N. sanguinea to me. The leaf shape is all wrong.

Tony

I have the same experience with sanguinea. Its just on a windowsill. What temp its at? Got me. Humidity? Dunno. Light? Couple hours of sunlight. Throwing pitchers around like mad.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tony Paroubek @ July 24 2006,8:41)]They look nice.  Curious on the N. sanguinea.  Did you get it from a nursery labelled such?  Doesn't look like N. sanguinea to me.  The leaf shape is all wrong.

Tony
Now that you say it... the leafs do look strange... They shouldn't have petioles ( I hope that I am using the correct word... ).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tony Paroubek @ July 24 2006,2:41)]They look nice. Curious on the N. sanguinea. Did you get it from a nursery labelled such? Doesn't look like N. sanguinea to me. The leaf shape is all wrong.

Tony
well, i was told it was either sanguinea, or fusca. sorry for the confusion but the picture is still being identified
smile_m_32.gif

Petiole is correct Jorick.  N. sanguinea doesn't have a defined petiole.  The leaves are strap like.

I saw your thread in the ID area... Doesn't look like N. fusca at least the typical kind..

Why not just email the photos to the company and see what they say?

At this point my best guess would guess some sort of N. maxima or maxima hybrid? I wouldn't venture to stick a tag on it though until it is much older or the company can give a positive ID.

Tony

I would wait for it to grow out, as I have a N. sanguinea that looks very similar.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ July 27 2006,11:16)]I would wait for it to grow out, as I have a N. sanguinea that looks very similar.
yea thats what i am going to do

Back