What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pitchers turning black

The pitchers on my n. fusca are starting to turn black after I started using the humidifier. What could the problem be? Should I stop using it?

Are you sure tha the humidifier is the problem ? Well it could be a shock, but I find that rather strange...

Too hot, too humid with not enough air flow. If it is just the pitchers I wouldn't worry too much but try to increase the air flow around your plants. If the leaves turn black you need to change something.

I second srduggins' idea of too humid, too little air flow. Especially highland neps. They are not forest-dwelling like the lowlands but are often found in open places like on the cliffs, on top of tall trees etc.

Would a computer fan help along with the humidifier?

most definately. i think good airflow is as important as good lighting. luckily fans aren't as expensive and lighting systems lol

Back