Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: N. aristo. pics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rattler,

The "stunting" of pitchers isn't too uncommon as a shock sign I have found. My 'Predator' was making 12-14" pitchers last fall and when I moved it inside they dropped to half that size. I had a fusca "Sarawak" put out a full formed upper that was 1" tall after being transplanted, before that it was making 6"ers. And I have a spathulata that went from 6" pitchers indoors over winter put out a 2" pitcher upon moving outside and then immediatly toss out a 8" pitcher.

I'd just guess yours is a little shocky and once it stabilizes it'll bulk up a little.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rattler,
    The shots of "little" pitchers are great, and that D. falconeri is beautiful.

These two are recent arrivals, but they are growing and all the pitchers are "new":

Good growing,
    KPG
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" - Mark Twain

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something." - Pancho Villa, last words.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (LLeopardGGecko @ July 26 2006,7:46)]I'm sad to say that my beloved N. aristo croaked about a month ago. It didn't like the summer heat AT ALL, not to mention I kept it sitting in water a little too much.

Oh well, I haven't given up yet! I hope to aquire another one in the next year. Hopefully I'll be more experienced by then (one can only hope!) and my plant will thrive.
    Thats exactly why I'm terrified of highlanders. An $80+ dollor plant that arrives and croaks on you because of heat. Oh well, I'll stick to lowlanders.
    My life sucks

Neps, Neps, Neps.........
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KPG that darker aristo is f%@#! amazing!!! What is the story on that plant? WOW!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ludwig,
    I wish I knew! It's even darker than it appears in the photo. Since it is growing in virtually identical conditions as the more reddish plant, I've been assuming (hoping) it's genetic. BE did state that there were 3 clones, and they were the "most vigorous" they had raised.

KPG
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" - Mark Twain

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something." - Pancho Villa, last words.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (CopcarFC @ July 27 2006,8:58)]
    Quote[/b] (LLeopardGGecko @ July 26 2006,7:46)]I'm sad to say that my beloved N. aristo croaked about a month ago. It didn't like the summer heat AT ALL, not to mention I kept it sitting in water a little too much.

Oh well, I haven't given up yet! I hope to aquire another one in the next year. Hopefully I'll be more experienced by then (one can only hope!) and my plant will thrive.
    Thats exactly why I'm terrified of highlanders. An $80+ dollor plant that arrives and croaks on you because of heat. Oh well, I'll stick to lowlanders.
    Yeah, definitely not very cool!

But I must say a good chunk of it was my fault. I had the lights too close to my plants (CF bulbs) without any glass in between, so there was a nasty drying effect that happened. Since then I've adjusted my conditions so that I now have slabs of glass over my plants, protecting them from the hot lights.

We'll see how my surviving plants adjust to these (hopefully) better conditions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12