Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Public Apology

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a specially-treated hyper-gold that's white and has powerful properties. That's the kind of hocus-pocus he'd post and have a bunch of people taking potshots at him and yet he'd keep his cool. He also believes in a Dr. Luri (sp?) who predicts earthquakes and other disasters on the basis of some mystical connection to something. We'd attack with statistics, physics and everything else, but LOL wouldn't waver or turn it into a flame war. At least not that I ever witnessed. But Mr. Hyde comes out sometimes.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Est @ July 29 2006,11:23)]That toe gave me the heeby-jeebies ...
    You want heeby-jeebies? Read this:
    http://www.sarracenia.com/faq/faq2180.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's a vile human being.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (BobZ @ July 31 2006,11:18)]
    Quote[/b] (Est @ July 29 2006,11:23)]That toe gave me the heeby-jeebies ...
    You want heeby-jeebies? Read this:
    http://www.sarracenia.com/faq/faq2180.html
    lol! I remember seeing that one a while back. Always a good read.

I've been allll over the internet, and I've probably seen more than any single person should see. But when I heard about how "tame" the toe was for days and days, and then the picture jumped in my face... Well, needless to say I was a little startled/disgusted/disgruntled. I suppose that the setup was perfect for surprise because it was so played down.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ] ...Est:

I think it's fair enough to talk about someone who's banned, so long as it's civil. And to prevent something like this happening again, I don't think it's unreasonable to give the person's name. He did something wrong, and even though he can't post here, people need to know to beware.

I agree with the post I quoted above.

I'm from the generation of Canadian CP growers that were busy collecting and welcoming everyone into the hobby back in the late 70's and 80's. So I often get asked this question ... where are the rest of those old CP guys? Well, most of them are still around, and I am in contact with some of them. But most of them can't be bothered to meet new growers ...especially the impatient ones.

During the early 90's, a bunch of us (including me) had our plants stolen from a (then) young CP guy...we had his antics caught on security camera...so we knew who it was. Talk about losing faith in humanity. I had one of my old friends ( a grown guy) cry for months after losing a number of his well grown plants, including his pride, a large burbidgea...and remember this was at a time when neps were impossible to come by, and tissue culture was a distant dream.

Our club the "Pacific Northwest CP club" literally evaporated overnight. And that was the end of it. It has been dead since, and I only opened up my appearance this year after lurking about...and knowing that creeps like that exist.

I still worry about theft. But having moved away from the big city, I guess it also helps me now - that I live in a locale that is difficult to find, let alone commute to.

My answer is to publically identify the creep(s) to save the pain for others. We live in a too politically correct world.
    Knowledge isn't knowledge, unless it is shared. the Tao of Leo Song

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's sad bigflytrap, whatever became of this creep who stole from you guys? What a shame, I mean stealing plants for crying out loud, that's just pathetic, and prized specimens too, what a shame. Why would anyone do that?

Neps, Neps, Neps.........
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bigflytrap, that is a true shame what happened to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ARG, BFT, if I caught someone doing that on camera, and knew who it was that stole MY collection.....Well, you'd be reading about me in the paper the next day, let's just say that (if I got caught stealing the BACK, that is).

That's infuriating.

I agree with id-ing the creeps publicly....kind of like the sex-offender list.

"Don't leave your plants alone with this guy...."
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast