What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Apology

ludwig777

Neps, Neps, Neps.........
This is in regard to this thread: http://www.terraforums.com/ib312....t=24738
The reason I am posting this is not necessarily to bash the person involved but to clear my reputation on these forums. Recently I was contacted by a famous BANNED member here and asked if I could help him buy this rajah. I decided it was ok and it seemed harmless enough and I thought it would be short and simple. So I did a bad thing and let this person use my PFT account to make this transaction; one reason I did it this way is because of how busy I am and this was just easier. This person had recently hosted an Exotica order of which I had participated in and all wenk ok, so I was thinking this person could finally be trusted. OK, the bids were made, and I stopped closely monitoring transactions going on in this thread (I just frogot about it for a couple weeks). Next thing I know, open-ended threats are being made under my name and I receive a PM from a moderator trying to understand why I was behaving in the way I was. I had no idea at first what she was talking about until I went back and read some of the things that were being said under my account name.

I want it to be clear that this sort of behavior in NOT in my nature and I would never throw threats at people or try to back out of a commitment unless ALL other avenues had been exhausted! This person took advantage of me (again) and used the opportunity of posting under someone else's name to carry on with his typical and famous unethical behavior.

This all took place saveral days ago and I never received any apology from him, or any sign that he knew something wrong was done. Accusing this seller (Houstonherp) of things before any sign of foul play was at hand is totally wrong!!! Any and all posts you see under ludwig777 in this post were NOT made by me but by this individual. I know I could have been banned for allowing someone else use of my account but Suzanne (Plantakiss) was so fair and understanding and she deserves much recognition in handling this situation!!!

I am guilty of believing that some bad people can change; I still want to believe this and I hate the thought of becomming jaded in life because of a few bad people but situations like this make it nearly impossible. I was burned by this person years ago when I first joined these forums and I was just wrong in assuming that this particular person had changed. Because of a damaged reputation I had to post these comments and I hope you all forgive me for starting this mess.
Sincerely,
Mike Ludwig
ludwig777

Hey, well, good people become victims of the actions of the less so.

All that I can see you are guilty of is having a good generous heart. In that, you are not unlike the majority of the rest of the membership here.. so let those among us who is without sin cast the first stone.

Cheers
Steve

Mike,

I don't think anyone will think bad of you for just trying to be nice. You got burned. It happens.

I won't hold it against you....might just take a opportunity here or there to razz you, but that's just in my nature!
smile_n_32.gif

i dont see where any real damage was done. thanks for the info on it though glad to see my gut feelings on the individual are right.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ July 28 2006,12:52)]i dont see where any real damage was done. thanks for the info on it though glad to see my gut feelings on the individual are right.
Out of courtesy to Houson herp I did not copy PMs that were made to him but trust me, damage was done in his trying times and I feel terrible about it.

Well, it's good that you cleared it up, and I don't think anyone will hold it against you that you tried to help someone out. Nor should you become embittered by this; people are generally good, even those who make bad mistakes sometimes.

Capslock

In my time here, I have whitenessed only very few bannings; they were all with good reason. Posts and comments were made that were petty and immature; but I don't, and I don't thinkg anoyone will blame you for wanting to give one of them a second (or in some cases a third) chance.

Really sucks because all parties got burned. Thanks for clarifying things though, Ludwig. Was a brave and honorable thing to do. I am glad to see your continued membership here.

Baliff whack his @#@#@# Nuff said. There you go trusting people. It's gonna be all our downfall someday, but hey that's why we're here. Take it easy and thanks for the explanation. Some people would have just tucked tail and run, way to set things straight.:)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ludwig777 @ July 27 2006,1:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ July 28 2006,12:52)]i dont see where any real damage was done. thanks for the info on it though glad to see my gut feelings on the individual are right.
Out of courtesy to Houson herp I did not copy PMs that were made to him but trust me, damage was done in his trying times and I feel terrible about it.
lol i wouldnt worry about HoustonHerp...........he and i have had some misunderstandings in the past where i prematurly blew my top tords him cause i misunderstood what he wrote and was having a bad day when i responded to the email. i HIGHLY doubt he will hold it against you given the circumstances, he still talks to me
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

I still talk to Rattler_mt? HAH! Who's he?
smile_n_32.gif

Mike L. - Don't sweat it! If we all went around distrusting each other, nothing good would get accomplished! I DO hope you've learned not to trust ONE individual though...he does NOT deserve to be trusted.

I will echo the comments of many here in this thread: it takes a good bit of courage to step up and post something like this thread, and you're as good as gold in MY book!

Good Growing sir!

I'm glad we can all just get along.
cool.gif
I too think its a good thing to explain yourself when things get out of control. Since many confrontations are misunderstandings, and if the explinations were always up front then there would be alot less conflict. Way to go.

Mike,

Geez, when this Campbells Cream of Worm Soup first popped its lid and they told me it was you that was fussin' I had to laugh. I knew from the get go it couldn't be you. I had a good laugh out of it. Believe you me, there is no one on this forum that would ever consider you less than a Saint. SO=o relax, LOL!!!

Thanks all for your support. It means a lot and I take every one of your comments to heart.  Guess who sent me an angry PM with no apology attached?  
confused.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Guess who sent me an angry PM with no apology attached?

You've GOT to be kidding.

You know, I know some great moves I could show you.....Really tan his hide, they would.

Well I am a little mystified here. I really didn't know anything about any reputation scarring and if you hadn't made such a public declaration, I'd still be in the dark.

I do know Mike and the other party and have never had any problems dealing with either one of them.

It does seem a little gutless to castigate someone on a forum where he has no defense, (since he is banned).

I do understand your need to clear your reputation, but was this really necessary?

How many other people do the mods allow to be villified here? I thought they had standards?

Enough people were involved in this mess to warrant a public announcement.  

Quote: It does seem a little gutless to castigate someone on a forum where he has no defense, (since he is banned).

Where else would I clear this up?  This all took place here and involved many people who are regular members here.  

[b said:
Quote[/b] (srduggins @ July 28 2006,2:01)]It does seem a little gutless to castigate someone on a forum where he has no defense, (since he is banned).
How many other people do the mods allow to be villified here?
Wait a minute. I do not see any named individual being vilified. The culprit could be any number of people banned from this forum. The way I read this thread, ludwig777 foolishly allowed someone that he trusted to use his account. This person turned out to resort to antisocial behavior, much to ludwig777 embarrassment. He is apologizing for his lapse in good judgement.

Since it is obvious to me and so many other people who we are talking about, it didn't seem anonymous to me, but I suppose it really is and I guess I lost sight of that.

Yeah, the gutless comment was not intended for Ludwig. Starting this thread took a lot of guts.

I guess I didn't realize how far-reaching this situation was.

Thanks for the responses and now I am done sticking my nose where it doesn't belong.

Am I the only one here who has no idea who we are talking about?

Could someone let me in on this so I know who to watch out for?

Back