What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Apology

Mike let someone use his screename for a an auction item (check the link he provided) and the guy was being a jerk under Mike's screename, hence making it look like mike was the one saying comments that were rash and not like Mike would talk. So he's saying he's sorry for providing his sn to someone else that was banned.

He just is a big hearted guy
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

^^ I know that much. ^^

What I was asking is who is the guy that used ludwig777's name in the first place? Who is the guy who got banned? I want to know who he is so I can watch out for him. And I'm sure the other forum n00bs whould like to know who to watch out for.

Hey CopcarFC, I understand your concern, but the only reason for this post by Ludwig was to clear his name, not to identify banned members.

What I can tell you is this. If any member, banned or not, PMs you with requests or comments that you find questionable, PM a mod--pronto!

There really is nothing to 'watch out for' IMO as this incident was the result of misplaced trust.

I hope this helps for now.

If I know who suckered Mike in, it was our infamous member "nathaniel" as this sounds like something he would do. Also informally known as "lol" He comes across as a nice guy but is a backstabber as displayed by what happened to Mike.

So, I'm not tellin but Dustin is! There you go CopcarFC! My obfuscation and NepGs dissemination of information!
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JBL @ July 28 2006,11:22)]So, I'm not tellin but Dustin is! There you go CopcarFC! My obfuscation and NepGs dissemination of information!
smile_m_32.gif
Hahhah yeah NepG just threw it out there in the open! Thanks dude.

Well I don't believe in keeping the individuals identity a secret, people should be on a need to know basis just in case of a future incidient. I've been on these forums long enough that hey I'll tell you if you need to watch out for someone that we've had trouble with in the past!

I always thought LOL's public persona was plenty reasonable and wondered why he was banned.  His beliefs are way out of the mainstream and he isn't shy about laying them out for all to see and take shots at.  I remember him being right in the middle of multi-page debates about religion and earthquake predictions and other things.  I seemed to disagree with him about just about everything, but respected his willingness to state and defend his beliefs.  I never remember him losing his cool (no more than many of us, anyway) in those public debates.  It's too bad he couldn't be the same behind the scenes and it's a lesson to us all.

And some folks will live on infamously.  

With all due respect here, in the public world the criminals are printed in the paper for certain offences.  DUI being one of them.  This is no different.  This forum is largly a trade forum too.  A means of comunicating with indeviduals on simular interest, and MANY of the convertaions are in private.  I know there are days when I will just get on to check my PMs and get off.  So I don't pay attention to public details some days.  I learned of his ordeal when I was doing my TF reading as a new member.  Now I know to be weary.  

Since I have full faith in a fellow trader till I am given a reason not to. Other traders extend that faith to me too.  There have been some trades where I recieve plants a couple weeks before I am able to ship due, to missed ship dates and working, I work nights. They always recieve there trade. Since they have fiath the trade is coming, the trade works beutifuly.

So if someone else has had continued trouble, then thats just a renewed interest in that persons name on the banned list.  Since someone may be inclined to give some people another chance if the offence was a few years ago.  People do change and grow up and learn from their mistakes.  Now his name just gets a renewed offence to his record.  I believe that should be updated on the bad trader list so people know how old the offences are.

is that the guy who drank gold and had the spooky toe?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I never remember him losing his cool (no more than many of us, anyway) in those public debates.

The debates were fine. Life was going on great, but then he made some very inappropriate choices. His rashness was exemplified by the fact that he was banned from both Terraforums and CPUK in the same day. Maybe once he grows up he'd make a good member; but as of now he's proven time and time again that he is incapable (or unwilling) of behaving.

I think it's fair enough to talk about someone who's banned, so long as it's civil. And to prevent something like this happening again, I don't think it's unreasonable to give the person's name. He did something wrong, and even though he can't post here, people need to know to beware.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]is that the guy who drank gold and had the spooky toe?

Yes... That toe gave me the heeby-jeebies because he was like "Oh, it's not that bad. It's just a little ingrown toenail." Little did we know that it was Kochamara the beast-toe from hell. So the picture hit you like WHAM!
laugh.gif

Wow, I missed that one! Sounds gross...what is 'drank gold' refering to?

It's a specially-treated hyper-gold that's white and has powerful properties.  That's the kind of hocus-pocus he'd post and have a bunch of people taking potshots at him and yet he'd keep his cool.  He also believes in a Dr. Luri (sp?) who predicts earthquakes and other disasters on the basis of some mystical connection to something.  We'd attack with statistics, physics and everything else, but LOL wouldn't waver or turn it into a flame war.  At least not that I ever witnessed.  But Mr. Hyde comes out sometimes.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BobZ @ July 31 2006,11:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Est @ July 29 2006,11:23)]That toe gave me the heeby-jeebies ...
You want heeby-jeebies? Read this:
http://www.sarracenia.com/faq/faq2180.html
lol! I remember seeing that one a while back. Always a good read.
smile_m_32.gif

I've been allll over the internet, and I've probably seen more than any single person should see. But when I heard about how "tame" the toe was for days and days, and then the picture jumped in my face... Well, needless to say I was a little startled/disgusted/disgruntled.
smile_n_32.gif
I suppose that the setup was perfect for surprise because it was so played down.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] ...Est:

I think it's fair enough to talk about someone who's banned, so long as it's civil.  And to prevent something like this happening again, I don't think it's unreasonable to give the person's name.  He did something wrong, and even though he can't post here, people need to know to beware.

I agree with the post I quoted above.

I'm from the generation of Canadian CP growers that were busy collecting and welcoming everyone into the hobby back in the late 70's and 80's. So I often get asked this question ... where are the rest of those old CP guys?  Well, most of them are still around, and I am in contact with some of them. But most of them can't be bothered to meet new growers ...especially the impatient ones.

During the early 90's, a bunch of us (including me) had our plants stolen from a (then) young CP guy...we had his antics caught on security camera...so we knew who it was. Talk about losing faith in humanity. I had one of my old friends ( a grown guy) cry for months after losing a number of his well grown plants, including his pride, a large burbidgea...and remember this was at a time when neps were impossible to come by, and tissue culture was a distant dream.

Our club the "Pacific Northwest CP club" literally evaporated overnight. And that was the end of it. It has been dead since, and I only opened up my appearance this year after lurking about...and knowing that creeps like that exist.

I still worry about theft. But having moved away from the big city, I guess it also helps me now - that I live in a locale that is difficult to find, let alone commute to.  

My answer is to publically identify the creep(s) to save the pain for others. We live in a too politically correct world.

That's sad bigflytrap, whatever became of this creep who stole from you guys? What a shame, I mean stealing plants for crying out loud, that's just pathetic, and prized specimens too, what a shame.  Why would anyone do that?
confused.gif
smile_h_32.gif

bigflytrap, that is a true shame what happened to you.

ARG, BFT, if I caught someone doing that on camera, and knew who it was that stole MY collection.....Well, you'd be reading about me in the paper the next day, let's just say that (if I got caught stealing the BACK, that is).

That's infuriating.

I agree with id-ing the creeps publicly....kind of like the sex-offender list.

"Don't leave your plants alone with this guy...."

Back